1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why won't my Flash links work?

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by Imozeb, Feb 21, 2010.

I have programed flash links in Macromedia flash professional 8 for my site and they work perfectly except if the user types the url straight into the address bar. The links work fine if the user clicks a link to get to my page. Why is this?

Imozeb, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  2. Broccoli

Broccoli Peon

Best Answers:
    actually it will works. are u sure u type the right link?
    or try to move it to another folder (on your public html folder) and of course
    u have to change all the link that connected to it.
    good luck :)

Broccoli, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  3. anllyy

anllyy Peon

Best Answers:
    Right, actually I can not understand your question very well. How the link not work? Because if the URL is right no matter what way you used, it will lead you to the right website.

I want to help you but I need more details about it. So can you give me a link so we can see your problem.

anllyy, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  4. Imozeb

Imozeb Peon

Best Answers:
    What does not work is when the user types in the url directly to the address bar, not following a link, the flash buttons don't press. I used the onPress function to program it. I would give you a link but over half my site is down for editing so most of the links are broken anyway.

Imozeb, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  5. Azzaboi

Azzaboi Peon

Best Answers:
    It would be because of using a relative url link?
    So depending on which url location you start from ends up at different results.

For example:

Relative URL: ../flash/content.html
    Actual URL: mysite.com/flash/content.html
    Current location: mysite.com/flash/games/game.swf
    Relative location: mysite.com/flash/flash/content.html (error)

Probably not the best example, but you get the picture?

Azzaboi, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  6. Imozeb

Imozeb Peon

Best Answers:
    No. It doesn't give a broken link error. Instead the flash onPress() buttons don't click. They only click if the user uses, a link to get to the page. If the user types the url into the address bar directly the flash loads, but the onPress() buttons don't work. I can't figure out why. :confused:

If you still don't understand ask for a link and I'll give it to you but if you use it please don't use any of the functions bc they are still in development.

Imozeb, Feb 21, 2010 IP