1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Passive income from online business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Iwind, Feb 21, 2010.

I make pretty decent income with adsense income these days from blog/article type websites, and I can use these sites for selling affiliate products/other ad types, but it would be nice to start building some passive income in other areas of online business as well.

Are there any good alternatives? I'm looking for something that I don't have to micro manage every single day, work for a few weeks and take a few weeks off type of thing and still make money. I use VAs quite often for my sites now, and have money to invest in software/whatever, so that is not an issue.

Iwind, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  2. sivaganesh

sivaganesh Member

Best Answers:
    I think , only affiliate program and advertising ..

sivaganesh, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  3. AlternativeWeb

AlternativeWeb Peon

Best Answers:
    You should look in to CPA marketing. For me they make more money then PPC.

AlternativeWeb, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  4. Iwind

Iwind Active Member

Best Answers:
    What type of websites would I develop for CPA marketing? I would need to be able to earn way more than $25 daily to be interested in looking into it, but just as with PPC there is probably no limit.

Iwind, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  5. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it would be difficult to "work for two weeks, and then take a few weeks off" in affiliate marketing. Typically, those guys have to literally keep their thumb on the trigger all times.

A membership site will give you some freedom, where sales do not drop off the cliff with a week or two of neglect (see tutorials in sig). But even those you are going to have to spend some time on.

I guess the definition of 'passive income' is different to everyone. However, affiliate marketing, to do it well anyway, requires more oversight IMHO that some of the other things available out there.

/2ct

Barefootsies, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  6. MANNSK

MANNSK Peon

Best Answers:
    Creating iphone or mobile apps seems to be the future if you are serious about your money. Of course you need at least 500-1000 bucks to put into it. Even companies that will create the app for you will cost around 500.

Passive income is definitely a goal of mine, but I'll have to keep doing more research just like everyone else.

MANNSK, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  7. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    Another model of a truly passive income generating business can be photography. Yes, take high quality photos and upload them to stock sites like iStockphoto or ShutterStock. You simply set up the keywords, and that's it, sit back and relax, while money start rolling. Of course, you need to be good at photography, and a pro camera to take photos with.

Clive, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  8. ManMadeMarketing

ManMadeMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want income but don't want to work much for it...then I suggest just investing your money in a Money Market Account, CD, CEF or another investment option. Then you can literally sit around and make money.

If you don't have the experience, passion and dedication it takes to build a solid online business....the 'passive income' you make will be pennies compared to other alternatives.

ManMadeMarketing, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  9. Steve Powers

Steve Powers Peon

Best Answers:
    Well,it seems you did a good job.Ads are always important to your business.And how to invest and make an ideal
    budget is even more important.

Steve Powers, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  10. johnben1444

johnben1444 Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe you should try partaking in paid survey.

Cheers,
    John Benjamin

johnben1444, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  11. MJHarborne

MJHarborne Peon

Best Answers:
    Do many people earn much money with these websites? It seems there are millions of photographs on them - that's a lot of competition. It would be a nice way to combine your hobby with earning some money though.

MJHarborne, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  12. extraspecial

extraspecial Member

Best Answers:
    If you have good traffic, sell banners from BuySellAds... blogs are making good income with banner ads :)

extraspecial, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  13. online-passive-income

online-passive-income Peon

Best Answers:
    Adding on, I had created a simple guide - online-passive-income.co.cc on how to create a website for FREE to generate streams of passive income online,
    with FREE resources available, and covering topics including find a niche, build a website for free, affiliate marketing network, generate web traffic, streams of passive income.
    Do check it out if you guys are interested.

online-passive-income, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  14. ProfitzoN

ProfitzoN Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont know you guys, but I feel like the guy above is a bot. Besides that you are using a free domain. IF you are able to have a nice passive income, why not bothering on getting your own domain?

ProfitzoN, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  15. om3

om3 Member

Best Answers:
    Certainly it's good idea but i doubt it, if we get many buyers who will pay for our art.

om3, Dec 23, 2010 IP
  16. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the best way is to promote affiliate websites...

wokaka, Dec 23, 2010 IP
  17. bgroup

bgroup Peon

Best Answers:
    adsense is working good for some niches :)

bgroup, Dec 23, 2010 IP