1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Meta Search Engine - Check It Out!

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by Badlands07, Feb 16, 2010.

[​IMG]

Just wanted to see what people thought of my new search engine - Extreme Seek?

I am working on a lot of updates, but was hoping to see what people thought as I was working on it. Thanks in advance....:)

Badlands07, Feb 16, 2010 IP
  2. justinlink

justinlink Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice Search Engine Buddy. You have done a great job keep it up. I think you still updating you search engine :)

justinlink, Feb 16, 2010 IP
  3. Badlands07

Badlands07 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am thanks. Also, just an FYI if you are interested - this engine is going to be part of a 10 search engine network that has a private ad server for shared ads across the network. I am going to run some tests in the near future (in the next 30 days) and going to be giving away some free accounts with ad credits in them if you are interested in being a beta tester?

Badlands07, Feb 16, 2010 IP
  4. jenyhil

jenyhil Peon

Best Answers:
    It is awesome! Keep up the fantastic work!

jenyhil, Feb 16, 2010 IP
  5. SEO_Girl

SEO_Girl Peon

Best Answers:
    This text is not readable - Web Site Results - Found 2,900,000 results for search string after I searched for search string.
    Also your menu items are in very light color...On particular tab it is in white color..so please change that.
    There are 2 radio buttons for selecting the search, i.e. web and other caption is not visible.
    The search speed is very fast...Good!!

All the best!

SEO_Girl, Feb 16, 2010 IP
  6. LPC

LPC Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, we like your search engine! It is very fast and simple to use. That's exactly what people want. Also we hate reading loads of sponsored listings at the top that have little to do with the search words - Google is the worst offender for that. We tested your search with two phrases - "holiday home in Normandy" and "gite en Manche". Our two sites came top for each search - much better than Google.

Good luck with your search engine - it deserves to succeed. Don't go overboard with sponsored listings, please!

LPC, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  7. checkblog

checkblog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is very good. Working fast. Logo needs to be more smooth.

checkblog, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  8. FCM

FCM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ugh -- nothing special script is all out on the internet... code something yourself then lets talk.

FCM, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  9. 7searchguys

7searchguys Active Member

Best Answers:
    very clean look and the results are very relevant! I did a search for Chicago Cubs, Peanut Butter, and Julio Cesar Chavez, and all of the results were on point!

Looks good

7searchguys, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  10. Frost1

Frost1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very nice website.

The only problem I have with it is the image search. It doesn't seem to index the right images for some websites.

Other than that, it's a fast and easy to use search engine. I like how it index links.

Nice search engine, keep up the good work, ;)

Frost1, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  11. expertofseo

expertofseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Its awesome dear. Such nice work
    keep it up dear

expertofseo, Feb 18, 2010 IP
  12. ashwaria

ashwaria Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey Its showing some

"Google Oops! This link appears to be broken." type of message

ashwaria, Feb 18, 2010 IP
  13. minasiin

minasiin Guest

Best Answers:
    Nice site, you have done a great job keep it up :)

minasiin, Feb 18, 2010 IP
  14. AdManageBrett

AdManageBrett Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Looks good... if you would like to run our xml search feeds for sponsored listings and to power a toolbar for your site let me know.

AdManageBrett, Feb 18, 2010 IP
  15. imkane

imkane Active Member

Best Answers:
    Has old cached data. The thumbshot for my site is 2 months old as well as the META description.

Why would you waste time on a search engine that has no chance at all of competing with the big ones? There's no reason anyone would want to use yours.

imkane, Feb 18, 2010 IP
  16. Badlands07

Best Answers:
    I understand what you are saying as I have no plans on really trying to compete with the big guys. It would be a waste of time. The reality is even a small amount of traffic which the site is already getting can be profitable. I don't think it will ever be a million dollars, but will be enough to make it worth my time.

There are a lot of other marketing ideas that work to drive traffic. For instance a large neighborhood association (representing over 2,000 homes and around 10,000 people) has been encouraged to use the engine. Why would they use it? Well, I have a agreed to share any revenue made from their activity for the next 90 days to go into the non-profit organization (which always needs money) that helps them maintain their neighborhood. The great part is that many of them will start to use it and after the 90 days some will continue. Do this enough times along with general marketing and SEO and it really creates a nice business model.

Not that you care about all this, just an FYI...:)

Badlands07, Feb 18, 2010 IP
  17. imkane

imkane Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting, so you're getting traffic and users based on an AdSense profit-sharing model. Well good luck! I definitely respect the fact that you're thinking "outside the box" :)

imkane, Feb 18, 2010 IP
  18. Badlands07

Best Answers:
    Not sure it is a living yet, but trying...:)

Thanks for the feedback.

19. longcall911

longcall911 Peon

Best Answers:
    These are yahoo results, correct? Here is the error message I just now received...

"Your call to Yahoo Web Services failed and returned an HTTP status of 403. That means: Forbidden. You do not have permission to access this resource, or are over your rate limit."

Maybe too many people tried today.

/*tom*/

longcall911, Feb 18, 2010 IP
  20. Badlands07

Best Answers:
    You are correct - it is Yahoo right now, but I am not seeing the same error (do you think it reset with a new day?).

It is very strange as I was using my APIs for Yahoo, Bing and an XML feed from Gigablast and EntireWeb, but had problems with the results. First I removed Gigablast and EntireWeb, then I removed Bing, then I removed the API for my Yahoo feed and the results were finally cleaned up and relevant (I am planning on adding Bing, Gigablast and EntireWeb back in at a later date). If I go back in and use the API for Yahoo (or Bing) the results go to hell and are not as good as running without the API. Very strange, but thank you for the heads-up, I appreciate it...:)

wptheme likes this.