1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clickbank is fail for me!

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by tannedchick, Feb 17, 2010.

ok, so over the last 2 weeks i have got 2 of my own products on clickbank. Amost 50,000 visits over each products and not a single sale, so i guess i smelt a rat. Clickbank told me everything is fine and that my products may not be interesting.

So, I bummed clickbank of, reduced the price by £4 and stuck a paypal button on my site. This morning i woke up and guess what, 24 sales.

Now has anyone else had this problem???

I am just curious because i think CB may have scammed me out of sales because the other day i got an email from someone who bought it from saying cool thanks!!! This really works!!

Holly

tannedchick, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  2. onlinemoniez

onlinemoniez Peon

Best Answers:
    UH. LOL.

Where are you getting this traffic from? And yes, although some people insist CB is reliable, they do have tracking problems. What was your original price and what is the product, if you don't mind telling. That 4 reduction might have made all of the difference, but it might not have. More info would have been appreciated.

onlinemoniez, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  3. rammbhat

rammbhat Active Member

Best Answers:
    wow.. thats very weird! CB doesnt shave off sales, are u sure u din make a mistake somewhere with the order form code?

rammbhat, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  4. ParthS

ParthS Peon

Best Answers:
    Stick to paypal. There's not reason in even going into a debate about this. Do whatever works for you. I personally do not feel that Clickbank shaves sales.

ParthS, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  5. onlinemoniez

onlinemoniez Peon

Best Answers:
    Stick with paypal, but watch out- they have been putting holds on people's money for a long time. It happened to me, and it has happened to countless others. Personally, if I were doing high-volume sales off of CB, I would not use PayPal. There are many other great shopping carts. If your success continues, I would seriously consider using something else. Paypal is very shady these days and can hold your money for no reason at all.

onlinemoniez, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  6. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    If you can actually prove that, Holly, you can sue Clickbank and your case (which would never actually come to court, if you can really prove it, of course - Clickbank would be very anxious indeed to settle out of court but it would still be one of the biggest news stories ever in the history of internet marketing!) will have the undivided attention of tens of thousands of internet marketers; the publicity value alone would be fantastic for your marketing career.

alexa_s, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  7. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So what are your 2 products then as I find it very hard to believe.......

terryd, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  8. waxman1000

waxman1000 Peon

Best Answers:
    ohh ohhh, another thread which is going to make waves here at DP and other internet marketing forums. This one is quite a good and unique one. Interesting discussion.

Thumbs up to you Holly!!

waxman1000, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  9. brada7x

brada7x Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds a bit odd to me. I don't think CB shaves sales. And even if they did, they surely wouldn't be ignorant enough to shave ALL sales. I think this was more than likely what we in the tech field call an id-10-t error.

brada7x, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  10. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Post some proof.

Clickbank screenshot and then a Paypal screenshot - will only take you 5 minutes and would help people take this thread seriously.

dlm, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  11. venrooy

venrooy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't you have any tracking on your thank-you page? This is the interwebs you know. It's very easy to know if someone is accessing your product without paying you for it.

It would be extremely difficult for clickbank to skim money without someone that knows what they are doing finding out about it.

The most likely scenario was mentioned above. There was probably a scripting error somewhere between you and clickbank. Did you attempt a purchase of your product?

venrooy, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  12. aragon

aragon Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been using CB for a long time, never heard of this before but I hope things work out for you.

aragon, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  13. FavouritesBlog

FavouritesBlog Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, ive done research and clickbank are taking the little guys sales.... Trust me, dont sell or advertise with clickbank they are scammers.

FavouritesBlog, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  14. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Let's see your "research" :rolleyes:

You know what I'd LOVE to see? Clickbank suing guys like this clown for libel when he says "they are scammers"

dlm, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  15. scheng1

scheng1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just hope you dont get the id wrong, else someone is fattening his wallet with your sales.

scheng1, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  16. webfighter

webfighter Peon

Best Answers:
    i don't know if they scam people or not , but i have just joined there network and i am promoting there products with my full efforts, let's see what happens next.

webfighter, Feb 18, 2010 IP
  17. Chri5123

Chri5123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with this!

If you are doing better with Paypal then stick with them - however there are a ton of these threads everyday that pop up but very little proof.

The main thing is that there are so many factors that come into this.

Could the £4 drop in price have made up for the sales.

Was the traffic coming from the same place - while i believe that CB does have a slight problem for affiliates tracking the affiliate ID with all the spyware scanners that pick up the CB cookie as spyware, i don't think they shave sales.

Post some proof or as much research as you can.

It is very easy to have a bad day and then say Clickbank is broken.

Chris

Chri5123, Feb 18, 2010 IP
  18. hhelen

hhelen Member

Best Answers:
    wow, this is scaring me given that I've been promoting several products and still haven't made any sales myself. I think I need to change and try use Paypal to see if anything changes.

That said, I honestly don't think ClickBank would deliberately scam anyone of their sale.

hhelen, Feb 18, 2010 IP
  19. teapoint

teapoint Peon

Best Answers:
    Erm, what niche are you in? I wouldn't believe it without seeing a screen-shot myself, but whatever.

teapoint, Feb 18, 2010 IP
  20. jeffczyz

jeffczyz Peon

Best Answers:
    If I'm reading this correctly, you're "sort of" suggestion that Clickbank is processing the sales, giving people access to the downloads and not give you the credit for your own product?

Are you tracking the traffic and downloads on your product download/thank you page? Is it protected?

It could just be a fluke...

jeffczyz, Feb 18, 2010 IP