1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please Review And Let Us Know: "Would You Buy From This Website?"

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Braydo25, Feb 12, 2010.

Hello, I run an automotive website that receives a decent amount of traffic per day. We have recently changed shopping cart software, but since changing, we have received 0 orders. This is very confusing, we receive between 300-500 (From Google Analytics) unique visits per day with each visitor averaging 3+ minutes on the site, so we know they're browsing and looking through our selection.

We would like to know your thoughts about the site, please have the mindset of "I'm ready to buy this specific auto part now" (The buy now mindset) and you've just come across our website. Do you feel secure shopping? Going through our checkout? Our site's design?

Please let us know ANYTHING that would turn off potential buyers, and make them spend their money elseware.

ALSO, for what is on the website (Over 100,00 products) pricing is well below 95% of the entire aftermarket industry.. which also adds to the confusion of why nobody is buying. Shipping is standard and not outrageous as well.

PLEASE LET US KNOW ANYTHING WE CAN DO TO IMPROVE AND GENERATE MORE SALES!!

Our website is: http://www.momentumautoworks.com/

Braydo25, Feb 12, 2010 IP
  2. 1-3-3-7

1-3-3-7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The design looks alright, I tried out the functionality by adding something to the cart and making pretend I was going to buy it, seemed to work fine without any problems but I did encounter some products that said "contact us" for pricing. That kind of confused me as the first product I tried told me that and I began to assume that everything was like that until I tried something else. Also, the process of clicking an item and then choosing the make is logical but might not be clear for everyone. You might want to put a message to the right of the item picture telling the user to select a make below it as the tiny message below the picture might not be clear for everyone.

Lastly, I think it might be an issue of trust. I honestly would NOT buy anything over $50 from your website as there's no mailing address and that phone # is kind of strange, why not have an 800?

1-3-3-7, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  3. Get Inspired

Get Inspired Peon

Best Answers:
    First thing I checked was contact... no physical address? Even a PO box would give users something. An 800 number would be great too.

The layout is clean, but its a bit cookie cutter for my tastes. Ive ordered from worse looking sites before though (although they had great reputation I was aware of).

Also, your search is kind of junk. I searched honda muffler and got nothing then muffler gave me a HUGE page. Its not like I would sort through it but if I was on dial up it might lag me out (hence the 3 minutes LOL).

Get Inspired, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  4. allsome

allsome Active Member

Best Answers:
    your website got a nice colors there. I really like it...... and it seems like a huge site..... keep it up.....

allsome, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  5. shall

shall Member

Best Answers:
    I think people refuse dark sites in the first 5 secs, when it comes to buying stuff.

shall, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  6. Braydo25

Braydo25 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've been meaning to get an 800 number, I just don't know how to go about doing it. If anyone has a link or webpage that explains please post.

Also, we don't have an address listed because we are currently in the process of moving into a larger facility and we don't want mail to be going to our old address when we no longer reside there.

Braydo25, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  7. Braydo25

Braydo25 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have just set-up a toll free 866 number.

8. cyruskafaiwu

cyruskafaiwu Peon

Best Answers:
    The site's design is not appealing and the pages load abit slow.

cyruskafaiwu, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  9. Braydo25

Braydo25 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Could you explain why it's not appealing? Instead of saying that it's just not.

10. Get Inspired

Get Inspired Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought it looked a bit cookie cutter, as I said before. It wasn't bad, but oftentimes when I see a site like that it reminds me of old yahoo storefronts where you basically take a gamble as to whether or not the business is professional. If you can build your reputation somehow perhaps that would help - testimonials, guarantee, etc etc.

Get Inspired, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  11. Twilight Spirit

Twilight Spirit Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice design ... but not attractive for customers < this is my opinion >
    And you show your stuff in good way ... this is great (really)
    It's like supermarket ... but on the net ... :)

Twilight Spirit, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  12. Braydo25

Braydo25 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you, I will be changing a lot today, font will be made easier to read, the pages background will change (I have been fiddling with the background and notice that the use of a light gray background that makes the page look "sunk" really sets it off.

Braydo25, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  13. Twilight Spirit

Twilight Spirit Peon

Best Answers:
    we will wait ... good luck with your new design ...
    But try to add flash movies in your site ...

Twilight Spirit, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  14. Braydo25

Braydo25 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The site has been update, the header has been redone.

Braydo25, Feb 18, 2010 IP
  15. Get Inspired

Get Inspired Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks good. I'd add the 866 number to the footer though right next to the order line. I know its up at the top, but that's probably what I would do.... toll free numbers scream credibility so if a potential customer wants to call me, I would want to make damn sure I do everything I can but call them myself!

Get Inspired, Feb 18, 2010 IP
  16. Braydo25

Braydo25 Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the input! 800# has been added to the footer. I will most likely be reworking the footer soon though.

Braydo25, Feb 18, 2010 IP
  17. alicanteman

alicanteman Guest

Best Answers:
    Personally I don´t like black site when buying something, indicates a it of shadyness in my opinion. No postal address which would worry me and a few of the pages took up to 10 seconds to load, not sure if that was a problem your end or mine.

alicanteman, Feb 18, 2010 IP
  18. Wizza

Wizza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Design is nice, and it seems professional 'enough' to purchase from. Some pages load slightly slow and I seem to be a bit put off when looking through a product..

I.E: http://www.momentumautoworks.com/work_wheels/work_wheels_equip_03/g-54793.aspx

The page seems to go on forever and I get bored looking down the list. Could you not implement some kind of drop down box with options to save the constant scrolling looking for the correct size/design etc?

Apart from that, its nice.

Wizza, Feb 18, 2010 IP
  19. WuMan

WuMan Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah pages are kinda laggy sometimes...

WuMan, Feb 18, 2010 IP
  20. vyobux

vyobux Peon

Best Answers:
    the design is good and catchy ii sure will

vyobux, Feb 19, 2010 IP