1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for a way to find websites that match my product user DEMOGRAPHICS

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by LifeMaster, Feb 11, 2010.

Is there any source online that screen exsisting websites and bring up a list of corresponding websites that match the DEMOGRAPHICS that I am looking for. In other words, I want to be able to enter the desired demographic profile and be able to automatically have a tool suggest which sites will fit that profile so that I can advertise on them.

LifeMaster, Feb 11, 2010 IP
  2. BizDetail

BizDetail Peon

Best Answers:
    They don't have the exact tool you are looking for, but you can achieve what you are looking to do with the free tools on Alexa.

BizDetail, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  3. slatron

slatron Peon

Best Answers:
    Quantcast has the "evaluate web audiences" feature although you may have to sign up for a free account. I haven't gotten to far into it yet but it may serve your purpose.

slatron, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  4. ufshane

ufshane Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Absolutely... we are working to add all of our publishers on quantcast, it gives a great overview of sites...

here is one... www.quantcast.com/urgentfury.com

Also a side note, unlike alexa... if the site is quantified, then they are actually using direct measurement... I have come to a personal opinion, alexa really is not the leader anymore on ranking sites... there is not direct measurement by a site owner.

ufshane, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  5. LifeMaster

LifeMaster Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually when I posted this I was emphasizing that I want to be able to search by demographics. (LOAD THE DEMO INFO IN FIRST) THEN, have it give me suggested websites. I didnt want to have to go through a list of sites one by one and investigate each ones demo information.

LifeMaster, Feb 16, 2010 IP
  6. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Like what was suggested, Quantcast does this, although they do not list that many sites.

I do not know of any such GOOD tools to use for this. I have also looked, in vain.

If you find out, let me know. I am a writer, and I am always on the lookout for more sites to introduce myself.

For now, I am just doing a search for the sites under an array of keywords.

Perry Rose, Feb 16, 2010 IP
  7. lior1970

lior1970 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lior1970, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  8. proson

proson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    why not using the Google adwords content match filter. There are plenty of websites who fits your demographics to choose from.
    Instead of bidding keywords, you are bidding contents.

proson, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  9. LifeMaster

LifeMaster Peon

Best Answers:
    I thank you all for your replies, the tools you suggested are useful however, THEY AREN'T WHAT I WAS SPECIFICALLY LOOKING FOR. I may not have explained it well enough.

Here is an example of what I want to be able to do:

I want to be able to enter something like "Age 18 to 40, Female, NO kids, income 0 to $30,000"
    THEN, I want to be able to hit a button and have the tool spit out a LIST OF WEBSITES that are
    specific to that demographic.

I rec'vd an email back from QUANTCAST telling me the DO NOT DO THIS.
    Also AD Center LABS doesnt do this either. (However I appreciate that suggestion its a nice tool).

At this point, checking with several sources in addition to Digital Point, nobody has been able to come up with an answer. This may be a tremendous new business idea for any of you guys that are that tech saavy. LOL Start a service like that.!!!

LifeMaster, Feb 17, 2010 IP