1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEOELITE is it a crap ?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Mido, Jun 1, 2006.

1. bloodwrath

bloodwrath Active Member

Best Answers:
    Stop exchanging links.. the se's are frowning on this.
    Build a good website with content for the visitors and build back links with one WAY directory submissions.

bloodwrath, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  2. Warkot

Warkot Peon

Best Answers:
    If you read it all like you say and still didn't find it, I say you read it all a couple of times more. In case you didn't notice, people have been recommending Arelis and LinkAssistant among other things. Also something called OptiLink (dunno what this is.)

Warkot

Warkot, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  3. QuickFreeHost

QuickFreeHost Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I currently use WebCEO and i love it. Well worth the money.

QuickFreeHost, Aug 7, 2006 IP
  4. kyoku2

kyoku2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys, this thread made me think and not to buy the software

kyoku2, Aug 24, 2006 IP
  5. stlgatekeeper

stlgatekeeper Peon

Best Answers:
    In our line of business we've seen all of the programs available.

Truth be told... seoelite is an outdated tool and perhaps effective for the beginning webmaster trying to tweak his site.

Using it professionally on a clients site? No way...

stlgatekeeper, Aug 25, 2006 IP
  6. mark_ling

mark_ling Peon

Best Answers:
    Seo elite and keyword elite are fantastic. If you are interested in something that is similar at a much lower price, try www.traffictravis.com

mark_ling, Aug 28, 2006 IP
  7. bloodwrath

bloodwrath Active Member

Best Answers:
    wow nice plug.. i hope not all your posts spam your website

bloodwrath, Aug 28, 2006 IP
  8. HJMAX007

HJMAX007 Peon

Best Answers:
    I use SEO Elite and it is great, but not an end-all!

If you use it as a tool, like a hammer, then you will be fine. What I mean is that a hammer can't build a house unless it is used by a knowledgeable(and hard working) person and in fact it is only one of many tools needed to build a house.

So, use SEO Elite or whatever as one tool to help build your SEO strategies!

Good Luck!

HJMAX007, Aug 28, 2006 IP
  9. Warkot

Warkot Peon

Best Answers:
    It is phenomenal, the way you managed to make such an incredibly powerful argument. "Seo elite and keyword elite are fantastic"... Well, that proves it!

No offense, but your site looks crappy and feels crappy, so I guess what you're selling must be... ermmm... crap, yes. Looks like a cheap copycat website a-la seoelite.com (actually, you said it yourself.) I don't believe a single word of your content, and no serious SEO ever will.

Warkot

Warkot, Aug 29, 2006 IP
  10. Warkot

Warkot Peon

Best Answers:
    Come on now. Pay $167 for some half-assed competition research? Cos that's about all SEOElite can do in a way that might be called "proper" (although even Aaron Wall who originally supported SEOElite now thinks otherwise and speaks against it.)

No-one's saying any tool is an end-all. It's just that SEOElite is very, very mediocre and not worth the money asked. As simple as that.

SEOElite doesn't check backlinks properly, it doesn't handle mail properly, it really sucks at creating a nice links page etc. etc. -- it's crippled. And it costs way too much.

But on the other hand, if people are prepared to take out their wallets and pay $167 for a half-assed, closed-source, never-updated link analyzer (could be easily done for free, take a look at http://tools.seobook.com/), I guess no-one can tell them not to do it. We are all grown-ups here.

Warkot

Warkot, Aug 29, 2006 IP
  11. awall19

awall19 Berserker

Best Answers:
    I sorta feel like Brad and I both got some good flames in this thread.

When I originally recommended SEO Elite I thought it was decent (as was Optilink back in the day). The biggest difference between now and then is that Google's relevancy algorithms (IMHO) have moved away from raw PageRank scores and more toward trust scores based on site age and how natural the link profile of a site is.

I have a few PR5 sites that dominate markets for anything I publish content about. I have other PR6 and PR7 domains that rank nowhere near as good (because they do not have as many of the well trusted links).

I also have seen anchor text be somewhat depreciated in Google as a ranking criteria (ranking domains for fairly competitive terms based only on weak internal anchor text or a combination of weak internal anchor text and a few low quality links...with no other relevant anchor text, but some domain related trust built up).

I think to view the naturalness of a link profile and domain related trust you need to grab more data than many of the SEO tools grab...and evaluate some of it by hand. But I never try to evaluate everything...just try to get a rough overview of what I am up against and cherry pick the best parts I can replicate, and then try to beat their market position by hopefully coming up with better ideas.

A few years back PageRank was a good indication of where to start cherry picking, but I don't think of it as highly as I once did. That is why SEO for Firefox grabs so much market data from many different sources.

As of now I do not sell any SEO software directly (though in my ebook sales letter I mention that I offer a bunch of software with the ebook - but any software that comes with the ebook is available freely on my site). My ebook salesletter is currently a bit cheesy, but I am hoping to make it less cheesy in the next month or so.

awall19, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  12. widewebtalk

widewebtalk Peon

Best Answers:
    I can basicly do everything seo elite can do for free and i am just an amatuer some good research can get you the same tools on the net for free.

Try searching google for keyword analizer tools, seo tools etc.

widewebtalk, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  13. Nerz

Nerz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your after submission I think IBP is really nice, expensive though seen purely in those terms, of course it does a whole lot more than that.

If you have a lot of sites, or intend to have a lot of sites, and your consistantly using it, it will pay for itself 10 times over and then some.

At $260 though its a fair chunk of change.

Nerz, Sep 6, 2006 IP