1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are sitemaps needed for search engine optimization

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by acadia, Jan 27, 2010.

I don't know if I really need a site map. My home page has every link on it, so is it really necessary to have a site map too?

acadia, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  2. rlestina

rlestina Peon

Best Answers:
    Sitemaps aren't required, but they do help. If you have every link on your home page it's probably less important, but still handy. I like submitting my sitemaps via google webmaster tools so I *know* they got it. :)

rlestina, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  3. shailendra

shailendra Peon

Best Answers:
    HTML sitemaps are used by the human visitors whereas the XML Sitemaps are used by the search engines. Both of them use the sitemaps for the same purpose i.e. to know about the pages on the website. If your site is a small one with no deep links then you don't need one if your internal linking is good.

shailendra, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  4. gonico

gonico Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it helps tremendously to index and be crawled by SE Robots your site when submitting a sitemap

gonico, Feb 16, 2010 IP
  5. thirdhokage

thirdhokage Peon

Best Answers:
    It gives google bots a better understanding on how your site is structured and which pages are the most important. Also, try using robots.txt

thirdhokage, Feb 16, 2010 IP
  6. tata_capl

tata_capl Peon

Best Answers:
    Sitemap is Map For Site if Someone Does not Found Something what he is looking for then he may get the link from sitemap; and XML sitemap is for Search Engine to retrieve link information of your site.

tata_capl, Mar 7, 2010 IP
  7. rankster

rankster Peon

Best Answers:
    Sitemaps submission is classed as commonly good practice. It won't directly get you high rankings but it will help your sites pages get spidered. If you have a perfectly search engine friendly site, you actually shouldn't need a sitemap. Your site will be spidered automatically aslong as you link out to atleast one other site.

rankster, Mar 8, 2010 IP
  8. eorama

eorama Peon

Best Answers:
  9. supersaiyantoto

supersaiyantoto Member

Best Answers:
    Sitemaps help in indexing. But first you need to submit them to Google, Yahoo, and Bing.

Don't forget to edit your robots.txt file to contain the "Sitemap:http://www.myndconsulting.com/sitemap.xml" string.

supersaiyantoto, Mar 8, 2010 IP
  10. whitehatexpert

whitehatexpert Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes sitemap is required thing. Sitemap are navigators of Search Engines Bots. Sitemap helps search engines to crawl your website quickly.

whitehatexpert, Mar 8, 2010 IP
  11. Sherinseo

Sherinseo Peon

Best Answers:
    As we know we do SEO or SEM basically on the two facts..
    1.Search engine friendly
    2.User friendly

Both these criteria should match up with sitemap..Crawlers can easily index whole the pages through sitemap..which makes website search engine friendly
    And the user who got confused where the exac:cool:t page is located,can easily pick the way through sitemap..

So from this the sitemap make the website more Credible and helps to index maximum pages and to get maximum conversions..:cool::cool:

Sherinseo, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  12. youssefedwardsaber

youssefedwardsaber Active Member

Best Answers:
    site maps are needed only if there are links in the site that are difficult for the search engines to discover. it is not related to SEO

youssefedwardsaber, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  13. VinCme

VinCme Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sitemap is needed for SEO.

The most essential part of your site is your site's content, and Sitemap help Search Engine's Crawler to index your content faster and effectively. More of your content is being indexed mean your site will have better value in the eyes of google. So yes it does affect SEO

VinCme, Mar 10, 2010 IP