1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does anyone actually make money online?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by DMod, Jan 29, 2010.

1. LostProphet

LostProphet Peon

Best Answers:
    Although I'm new here (been here a few months) I've been on a different forum for over 1 year now. I work full time online, I do nothing else.

I started full time in december 2008 by June 2009 I had lost a total of $600 dollars. Then I had a profitable campaign, it all just clicked in my head. I put up over $100,000 in the networks, gross. I made $35,000 that year, not great by any means but I learned a lot and goofed off a lot too (from about Oct-Dec 2009).

I'll tell you right now, there's nothing you'll learn in ebooks, they're a waste of time. Adsense will bore you to death before you make a dime.

The only way to make some decent money is to join some affiliate networks and try. I tried for 6 months before I started to make money. Many times I felt beat down but I kept trying, the main thing to making money online is this, if you learn nothing else today, at least learn this and never forget it.

NEVER GIVE UP.

LostProphet, Feb 3, 2010 IP
    Barefootsies and nihangshah like this.
  2. Nick_Mayhem

Nick_Mayhem Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL this has to be the most funniest question I have ever seen on DP.

Ofcourse you do make money online and make it legitimately.

There are many different ways of making the money. Some might suit you and some might bore you. Some would need initial investment and some can be started without any investment at all.

Nick_Mayhem, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  3. Cbrooker

Cbrooker Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I make money online - and it supplements my income nicely.

Pays for trips, snowmobiles, laptops, etc. All the things I so enjoy!

Cbrooker, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  4. Sysbase

Sysbase Member

Best Answers:
    The Best Advice I can give you is yes people make money online and if they do they keep it a secret ;)

Sysbase, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  5. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Awesome post man. +Rep

Barefootsies, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  6. restlesss

restlesss Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes i do earn money from internet cause i have created my own business service online and its the best way to earn money online ...

restlesss, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  7. creativeearth

creativeearth Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I make money online. Not a lot though, but I'm a full time college student so I don't do writing full time.

creativeearth, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  8. topearn

topearn Peon

Best Answers:
    I make my money the easy work, with hardly any work. I invest my money in HYIPs - so I can double my money in just 20 days ! Easy Money !

topearn, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  9. SmallPotatoes

SmallPotatoes Peon

Best Answers:
    That doesn't really make any sense. Everyone in the world will be selling each other eBooks and clicking on each other's ads all day long?

Who will grow the food and build the roads and run the hospitals?

SmallPotatoes, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  10. feb1941

feb1941 Peon

Best Answers:
    Adsense is a way to go, if you have an acceptable website. E-Books are OK to read, but really are difficult to sell, as they are mainly given away these days for free, in an effort to get signups for a program that person is promoting. Unless you have a real interest in a product or type service to promote, it is really pot luck if you find anything that makes you money. To do IM you must really be into what you are promoting.

feb1941, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  11. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you ever clicked an ad? I never have.

A usual click rate is about 1%-3% so if you get 100 people to your site in one day that is__ .25-.80 cents? So you need to get 1000 people to maybe break 10$ a day? Takes a lot of work to get 1000 uv a day and $10. is nothing for that type of work.

It would be much easier to build junky template sites fill them with adsense ads and sell them for $100-$200 to newbs who think that adsense is profitable. Or sell ebooks for $40. on how to get rich from adsense to newbs that have no clue.

That's why DP is full of junky little sites for sale and get rich ebooks, most of which will never make a dime.

averyz, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  12. Baby614

Baby614 Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess I was one of the lucky ones. I had an idea (Niche related) Slapped up a website generic and it took off like wildflowers. Making me the first year 100,000. I was floored, So now I just check emails and do support and the money flows. I have my whole website on autopilot. So I just got lucky basically. This was 10 years ago and it is still selling.
    So to answer your question, YES, it is possible to make a good living online. NICHE NICHE NICHE.....Plus I have never even read an ebook or purchased one. But I have noticed alot of the ones out there seems to be oversaturated.

Baby614, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  13. Fret-Less

Fret-Less Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's a bit much to say that eBooks are no good though. While many of them are out of date, and therefore no value any more, there are some out there which do contain a lot of value. Finding them, however, is a problem. With so many "paid reviews" about a book, or system, it's difficult to get any real information on them before you buy. It's true though that probably most of the money made from eBooks is from the writers and the marketers of those books selling them to others who are just starting out.

I do make money online, and have done since I've been coming here to DP. It's not as much as I want it to be earning just yet, but it's not that bad. I've also made money right here on DP by selling Wordpress Themes and by running a very successful (at the time) blog advertising network, which I then onsold. So there is money to be made if you continue reading and learning. And there's a TON of info here on DP as well.

Fret-Less, Feb 16, 2010 IP
  14. azurah22

azurah22 Guest

Best Answers:
    yes you can make money online. i never believe that before but i saw my friend earn money online.

azurah22, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  15. linkstrade

linkstrade Active Member

Best Answers:
    of course there lots of way of money making online as i daily earn $200-$300 in selling text link ads and from share market.

linkstrade, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  16. Wizza

Wizza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I earn a small amount per day on my website offering advertising but what little money I do have normally goes straight back in to the business. I think give me a few years and the site could be making a lot - at the moment, its new and just scraping the edges.

Wizza, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  17. Jontish

Jontish Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So you really think it's all a big joke? OF COURSE people make money. Some make a lot, some less. It's all about dedication, effectiveness and being innovative. Just a tip, stop buying e-books.

Jontish, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  18. alenwilly12

alenwilly12 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is a idea of making money by playing online games only If you are interested in http://bit.ly/cqEL6s It's really very entertaining as well .

alenwilly12, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  19. tech_savvy

tech_savvy Peon

Best Answers:
    article writing my way of making money online.

tech_savvy, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  20. johnben1444

johnben1444 Peon

Best Answers:
    A lot of people still feel making money online is a fairy tale. Having got fed up with such incessant remarks, I decided it was i reply this post telling everyone who cares about the gospel truth of making money online. Well, if you want to believe it's a fairy tale go right ahead.

Certainly everybody has gone through rough patches.

Some people seem to think they're entitled to success... it doesn't work that way.

Making money online is about building a business. If you don't possess any skills, it can take a long time to get your priorities right.

One of my downlines once asked me how he was going to make money within six days. Of course you can as a professional. But dude, doctors spend SIX YEARS and HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of dollars studying for THEIR chosen career... and that's before they even pick a goddamn specialty.

And this guy was whining that he has spent six days, haven't even tried to build his OWN business (instead was just trying to "piggy back" off someone else's hard work) and expect to have everything handed to him on a silver platter?

Well, if you want a way that's easy to make money, I hear MacDonald's are hiring.

Here's a tip for you - the one thing stopping you from making money is YOU.

YOU need to work your ass off to get the skills, do the trial-and-error, and screw up a hundred times.

Might take you months, might take years... but eventually you'll get there.

If that sounds like too much work for you - quit now, and save yourself some heartache.

Last night I got a thank you message from my downline. He seems to be my closest ally now.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
    johnben1444, Feb 18, 2010 IP