1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Penalties for Posting Too Much?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Ascendancy, Jan 22, 2010.

If I post a ton of articles in one day, will SE's and pinging services look at this as spam? Not saying I would send out a ping every single time I made a new post, but if I just wrote a ton and published a ton of posts in one day would this be frowned upon with many search engines?

Ascendancy, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  2. Hatemaker

Hatemaker Peon

Best Answers:
    Not unless it is actually spam; if your content is relevant and of good quality then having a lot of posts will actually make your site look much more active.

Hatemaker, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  3. Liam Thomas

Liam Thomas Peon

Best Answers:
    You are right with this. But making a single article is a tough job. How come you can make tons of articles per day? Not unless you are using a tool. But using it does not make a good quality, it will still look like spam in search engine.

Liam Thomas, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  4. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I don't mean I'm literally pushing out 100's of articles daily on my blog - I just have a few ideas for 400-500 word articles and I want to post them all to my blog within a matter of a day or two. I just didn't want it to look like spam if I all of a sudden had a few new posts on my blog, all unique and relevant content just added within a short time span.

Glad to hear it'll actually benefit my blog :D

5. FHI

FHI Guest

Best Answers:
    You could always set your post to publish at another time if it concerns you. IMO, it might look better for your readers to see fresh content everyday instead of 7 articles every Friday evening.

FHI, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  6. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well this was my plan, I had noticed that a lot of my archives were empty (I have 1 post from November 2009). So I was going to have the articles be posted "backwards" so that I could fill in some of these archived months, and then ping websites letting them know I have new pages and to crawl them.

7. abhijit

abhijit Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yes....................i am getting the penalty for my many website................for posting

abhijit, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  8. FHI

FHI Guest

Best Answers:
    I post backwards on one of my blogs since I want static content on the home page and have never had any issues.

FHI, Feb 16, 2010 IP
  9. FHI

FHI Guest

Best Answers:
    Looks like you got one here as well:rolleyes:

FHI, Feb 16, 2010 IP
  10. tomy_gun

tomy_gun Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think there is penalty of posting too much. Mashable is posting 5-7 articles on daily basis. However, It is not possible to maintain quality when you're posting too much.

tomy_gun, Feb 16, 2010 IP