1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Think My Blog Is Taking Ages To Load - How To Troubleshoot/Fix This?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by bad_bob00, Feb 16, 2010.

Hi,

As the title says, I'm pretty sure that my Wordpress blog is taking quite a while to load up. I was just wondering is there any kind of website tool that will find out if the site is taking long to load, and which can highlight the widgets/sections that are slowing the site down?

My website is http://www.footyblog.net

Thanks for any help.

bad_bob00, Feb 16, 2010 IP
  2. techno primer

techno primer Peon

Best Answers:
    Google code can address your problem, the site have a list of tools and apps that you can use to check your website's speed, some tools like PageSpeed, Firebug and YSlow can analyze your site and gives recommendations on how to solve your site's speed problem.

You could also google articles that tackles site speed optimization. Here is a good site speed optimization article.

You can find the tools to optimize your site speed here.

techno primer, Feb 16, 2010 IP
    bad_bob00 likes this.
  3. Wp-Mod.Com

Wp-Mod.Com Peon

Best Answers:
    too many images and flash files , try reducing them , it will ultimately speed up your site , or hire some professional like me to reduce the page size i can help you out

Wp-Mod.Com, Feb 16, 2010 IP
  4. Web4Guru

Web4Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, it seems to load pretty quick for me. The background image seems to take a couple seconds to load, and the page continues to load for a few seconds, but otherwise pretty quick. Techno Primer listed several good tools you can use, the same ones I use and recommend. There are many ways to shave off a few milliseconds here and there (more for dialup users). Compressing images and generally cutting down the number of different connections a user has to make to load your site will go a long ways. Also, try to move as many external images and scripts to your own domain as you can, this cuts out external domain name lookups and more connections. Check out those tools and you'll see how much is happening in the background.

Web4Guru, Feb 16, 2010 IP
  5. gurujeffster

gurujeffster Peon

Best Answers:
    You might find installing the WP Super Cache plugin will speed things up

gurujeffster, Feb 16, 2010 IP
  6. coolfriend

coolfriend Peon

Best Answers:
    You really need those many widgets? I recently learnt that less widgets and images make your pages load fast. WP super cache also helps for Wordpress blogs.

coolfriend, Feb 16, 2010 IP
  7. gurujeffster

gurujeffster Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm new here so I'm not sure this is the right thing to say but your site loaded perfectly fine which made me wonder if you were just plugging a link? Anyone, please let me know if I'm out of line.

gurujeffster, Feb 16, 2010 IP