1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to add logo in browser bar . explained

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by vyobux, Feb 14, 2010.

If you don’t have access to your root directory, add this HTML tag to your web page between the < HEAD>< /HEAD > tag.

< link rel= “shortcut icon” href=”logo.ico” >

you can search on google a .png to .ico converter or others to make your ico

vyobux, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  2. nadiralishah_webexpert

nadiralishah_webexpert Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing.. can be useful info for beginners.

nadiralishah_webexpert, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  3. mywebwork

mywebwork Guest

Best Answers:
    mywebwork, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  4. techno primer

techno primer Peon

Best Answers:
    I already tried this trick yet it only seems to work in Firefox. The favicon doesn't show in IE, anybody knows how to solve this problem?

techno primer, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  5. IanT

IanT Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Have you tried clearing your browser cache?? try dumping your temp internet files and then see if it works after that, I had a similar problem when trying to get my favicon to work... likewise I also had a problem trying to remove the "white space" from around my favicon so it didnt look like the icon on a white background. I did that in Photoship by using the transparency painter tool which replaced the white with transparent surface, I had to zoom into the icon like 1000 percent but it did the job! :)

in my (limited) experience IE can be a PITA sometimes... I had to clear my cache every time I tried something new to the favicon to see if it worked and give like 3 mins in between for the changes to take effect...

hope that helps :)

EDIT and I think the size needs to be 16x16 pixels if Im not mistaken?

IanT, Feb 15, 2010 IP