1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Got An Infraction Today - My Apologies

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by glengall1, Sep 3, 2006.

Hi there,

I got an infraction today for putting in posts in the directory suggestions thread.

I apologise for this as my motives weren't to increase my post count at all.

I do however appreciate that it looks like I was trying to bump up posts.

The reason I was doing this is two fold:

• To let the directory owner know that the submission came from DP
    • Let ME know what directories I had submitted to

I now appreciate that posts like "Submitted 2" are not acceptable but posts like "Submitted 2, a small suggestion about your directory ......." are acceptable.

Could I make a small suggestion please (I know the mods etc are very busy but this might help in the long run).

I see people adding this bad kind of post all the time epecially in that thread
    ( that's one reason why I didn't understand it was bad ). Would it be possible to put a quick "sticky" at the top of that thread explaining the problem so that anyone using that thread is in no doubt of their responsibilities.

Can I just confirm that I have had my signature removed and all my posts removed for the month period?

again my apologise to the mods etc. for wasting their time. Your job is hard enough.

glengall1, Sep 3, 2006 IP
    ramakrishna p likes this.
  2. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, first it was YART threads constantly.

Now we will get to read the new YAIT threads constantly.

Fryman, you need a new pic for the YAIT threads asap...LOL

iowadawg, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  3. glengall1

glengall1 Peon

Best Answers:
    It must be great to be up on that high horse. Just remember it is a longer way to fall.

Some of us aren't as perfect as others and have no problem admitting it and have just started out in SEO and are learning as we go. I am sure you too were learning once. To show you how long I have being doing this I don't even know what YART and YAIT are so if they are derisory comments they have fallen short. Constructive support is always welcome but petty snipes are not.

I suspect this post of yours may fit in to their category as well !!!!

4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Infractions aren't specific to one thread, so it's not realistic to add a sticky for just that thread.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/faq.php?faq=dp_faq#faq_infractions

digitalpoint, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  5. glengall1

glengall1 Peon

Best Answers:
    No problem Shawn. It was just that I had spent a wee bit of time on that thread today and alot of people seem to do it and I thought it may have helped the mods rather tahan having to chase the people around.

You have a great forum over here and I will do my best not tp p**s you guys off again,

Take care.

6. jc_yusuke

jc_yusuke Peon

Best Answers:
    aaawww,....same here..got infractions.
    sorry about my posts. usually i post some thank you's and goodluck's whenever i successfully submitted my site to other's directories, i didnt know its not a good thing.

my apologies.

jc_yusuke, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  7. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    As you probably already know the fact that other people are doing it doesn't make it right. Most Mods work primarily off of reported posts so if you see someone else doing it, use the triangle with the ! in it. Since you seem to want to help Mods, this is usually the preffered method.

Think of this from other users perspective that it makes it hard to use the "NewPosts" button when someone is posting "Submitted" in a rapid fire way. It clogs things up and pushes down some of the better threads.

yfs1, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  8. glengall1

glengall1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I appreciate that if they all jumped off a cliff I wouldn't follow them!:)

I will use the red triangle no problem at all. I like this forum and find it very helpful so I would like to become a "trusted" member. I didn't think of the "New Posts" button either and can see your point in this one.

Thanks for the advice

glengall1, Sep 7, 2006 IP