1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I Am Getting Thousands OF Clicks But No Money Whats Tha Problem Any One Help

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by KR7X1, Feb 13, 2010.

ere i am using cj.com affiliate marketing..i work with that from 3 months
    i am getting on last month 1300 click but no money

here sample pic link

[​IMG]

any one help me

KR7X1, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  2. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The image you show here does not show 13k clicks at all. More like a couple of hundred, the column at the right shows the number of impressions ie no. of times your ad showed not clicked.

So your click through rate is not very high, eg your traffic is not targeted or your visitors are just not clicking the ads/banners?

banners tend to not work well. try some text links embedded in something useful to your visitors.

mcjp6, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  3. Radz

Radz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    These are thousands of Impression not clicks, Your CTR is terrible :( time to change Ad-Placement :rolleyes:

Radz, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  4. rickmci

rickmci Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yea... really. Bad CTR! Try wrapping your ads into your content. IE: Make them look like part of the site and not an advertisment. Something to try anyway.

rickmci, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  5. benpolska

benpolska Peon

Best Answers:
    this +1 is what i suggest.

benpolska, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  6. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He told he has 1300 Clicks not 13000.

The image shows a total of 1625 clicks on period.

Micromag, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  7. ManMadeMarketing

ManMadeMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    The fact you are not converting is the problem...not blending links into your site, that will just lead to more clicks which as we can see doesn't lead to anything. In fact if you 'trick' the user into clicking on an ad they thought was an article or some other portion of the site...your CTR may go up, but it will do nothing with conversions...which is your problem.

I would look more into how are you contextually placing these links? Is there any content around the links that is warming the buyer to purchase or 'convert' ...or are you simply placing the ads with no support or added value that makes them want to convert. Your job is to convince the user that they need this software or product and they need it today.

Work on your context and not 'blending links' because you need conversions at this point, not clicks.

ManMadeMarketing, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  8. MoneyTopList.com

MoneyTopList.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    It would be helpful if you can post URL of your website where you promote these affiliate programs. Without knowing how do you the promotion I can only guess the reason of zero sales:

1. Bad targeting -- do you promote products which are your visitors interested in?
    2. No pre-selling of the products. There is a big difference of 1,300 clicks from the page with the product review and the same number of the banner clicks.

MoneyTopList.com, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  9. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The bottom line is you are not understanding why people come to your site.

It appears to me you are promoting a lot of software that people can get for free.

If you want to make money you MUST understand why people come to your sites and what they are looking for. Your click through rates are an indicator that there is not much real interest in what you are offering.

So take a closer look at your visitors intentions and see if you can not match an offer that is more appealing to their intentions. There is not point in continuing doing what you are already doing.

internetmarketingiq, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  10. recycle

recycle Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you need to advertise in a more targeted place. You will see conversions as high as 7-10% if you do targeted advertising.

recycle, Feb 18, 2010 IP
  11. Timelord1969

Timelord1969 Peon

Best Answers:
    What is considered to be good CTR?

Timelord1969, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  12. methodspedia

methodspedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What is the actual method you are using to reach this much impression? it will be good if you use the same method to adpublishing programs like adsense, bidvertiser, adbrite etc. Why can't you tell us the method?

methodspedia, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  13. azyrex

azyrex Peon

Best Answers:
    I had the same problem with CJ until I started wrapping my ads around the content and paying more attention to my posts and texts. When you make your site about the info first then automatically your CTR will be increased.

azyrex, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  14. jdBoone

jdBoone Guest

Best Answers:
    First of all, have you done any research on your target market? Do you know if there Is a market for this software. Use the google keyword tool to see what the numbers are.

You have to promote what people are buying. You have to research your products before you start promoting, Amazon and Clickbank are great for this. Remember, people are primarily searching for information. Give them solid content via blog posts, articles etc., and weave in relevant anchor text.

jdBoone, Mar 3, 2010 IP