1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What to do with a $1,000 budget

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by webpromote, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Jericho33

Jericho33 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is what I would do. But before that you should make sure you know what you are getting yourself into.

Do you know what you are going to promote/sell?
    Have you researched keywords you want to target?
    How tough is the competition?
    Which types of linking/seo products/services are you going to buy?
    How much time do you have to build and promote the site?

These are just a few questions you should be asking yourself before you decide to go out and burn your money.

Jericho33, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  2. webcabbie

webcabbie Active Member

Best Answers:

This guy says hire him and he'll tell you.. Classic DP

webcabbie, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  3. scheng1

scheng1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Buy the signature links from those active in forums of related niche. The newspaper says that even China government resorts to paying people to make comment in forums.

scheng1, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  4. jackbauer111

jackbauer111 Peon

Best Answers:
    jackbauer111, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  5. kemus

kemus Guest

Best Answers:
    $1000? If you can earn more than $0.25 per visitor or so, use ppc, otherwise, go for buying an add on facebook.com or something like that.

kemus, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  6. grandma

grandma Peon

Best Answers:
    I would buy a website that is already getting traffic daily then hire some to write a bunch of articles for you, use adwords, make a few videos for youtube or pay some to make a few for you. Invest in a few tools to help with your adwords. Invest in marketing offline as well like getting some pens made, and bandit signs put up. That is what I would do.

grandma, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  7. cameron jorir

cameron jorir Peon

Best Answers:
    Get a nice design and spend the rest of your money on banner advertisements and back linking.

cameron jorir, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  8. larmr

larmr Peon

Best Answers:
    $100 - get the website up to scratch for seo purposes
    $400 - get heaps of articles written, blog posts (with links to yours site obviously) and submitted pointing to various page of website
    $500 - PPC ads pointing to site and sales pages.

GOAL: DOUBLE YOUR INVESTMENT = $2000 :)

larmr, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  9. Copymoves

Copymoves Guest

Best Answers:
    Invest it for articles. Outsource. Then create tons of micro niche blogs and site, make money from it! I'm pretty sure it would greatly generate good earnings.

Copymoves, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  10. CheapSEO

CheapSEO Guest

Best Answers:
    I will spend $1000 to my health and start more seo work as forum posting, joining, free advertising, ad posting, blog postings, blog comment posting, article marketing, directory submission, social bookmarking and i pay for web designing and developing site only. another all work I will do self.

CheapSEO, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  11. maviska

maviska Active Member

Best Answers:
    Spend this money for high quality design first.

maviska, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  12. vanquishdesign

vanquishdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    $1000 huh?

Go to bed with 1000 people paying each one of them $1 each. Or 100 people at $10 each.

or

Blow the whole $1000 on a Vintage Bottle of Champagne.

:D

vanquishdesign, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  13. sri2k6here

sri2k6here Active Member

Best Answers:
    i will utilize it for seo services as it is most important to drive traffic to my website.

sri2k6here, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  14. styleskvx

styleskvx Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd invest into a webhosting company.

styleskvx, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  15. awesometbn

awesometbn Peon

Best Answers:
    So your real question is how to allocate a $1,000 marketing budget. In order to give you a good answer we would need to know more specifics, such as your contribution margin. That is, we need to know the revenue generated by each unit sold, which will cover your variable costs, and make a contribution toward offsetting the fixed costs of your business.

Sorry if you already know the basics of putting together a marketing budget, but here goes. Your fixed costs don't really change each month. These are the expenses you have to pay to stay in business. A good example is your monthly web hosting fees. Your variable costs increase along with your increasing sales. Some examples include paying sales commissions, delivery charges, the cost of goods sold, etc.

I have no idea what product you are selling, but at whatever price you set to sell the product, subtract your variable costs, and what is left over is the contribution margin. Take all of your fixed costs and divide by the unit contribution, and you will find your breakeven point for sales volume. This is important because you need to forecast sales based on demand for your product, and multiply that number by your contribution margin, this will show you the breakeven dollar amount.

Using simple numbers, let's say you are selling a product on your website at $10 each. Your variable costs (supplies, outsourcing, etc.) for each product is $2 each. Fixed costs for a year (such as web hosting fees) comes up to about $120. Now you can calculate your unit cost per product sold as the price $10 minus variable costs $2 equals $8. From this you can calculate the breakeven sales volume by taking your fixed costs $120 and dividing your unit cost $8 which equals 15. That means you must sell at least 15 products to cover both variable costs and fixed costs. Your profit begins with the 16th product sale and beyond.

In order to budget projected revenue, you will need to come up with an estimated demand for your product. That means taking an estimated number of potential buyers in the target market, multiplying by the rate of purchase per buyer, and multiplying by the product price. Now here comes the good part.

For annual marketing expenses, consider the following items as fixed costs, adjusting the suggested percentage, as necessary to make it affordable for your business:

Research (1% of projected revenue)

Communication Mix (10-20% of projected revenue), or based on objective/task or other method; show allocation to Advertising, Sales Promotion, PR, Direct Marketing, as appropriate

So after writing all of that, and looking up a few things from my marketing resources, it sounds like a lot. The main thing is that you've done your research into your target market, to better understand what would give you the best response for spending your marketing dollars. This should help you to forecast sales, then allocate your $1,000 budget wisely.

awesometbn, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  16. grigsdomain

grigsdomain Peon

Best Answers:
    Before you spend a dime you really need to think about what segment of the internet you're targeting. Are they trendsetters, the early adopters, later majority, etc. Based on that you can determine what type of advertising to craft and what channels to go after. If you're promoting a facebook app then marketing directly on facebook is a good bang for your buck. If you're promoting a blog then you would focus on advertising based on your niche. If it's a product then Google ad words if it's not too expensive. But it all just depends.

grigsdomain, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  17. tikus

tikus Peon

Best Answers:
    hire freelance web developer and buy some traffics

tikus, Feb 16, 2010 IP
  18. danniboi33

danniboi33 Peon

Best Answers:
    That is a loaded open end question. What is the niche, is it going to be a blog or website, or both? Or, will it be an eCommerce? Or will it combined all three or a combination of any two. Questions left to answer.

Danny
    httt://randdart.com

danniboi33, Feb 16, 2010 IP
  19. anw001

anw001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would like to spend the money on getting high quality content and getting backlinks and increasing awareness about the site. The site should have something unique to offer to visitors and shouldn't be like the rest of the sites in the niche. There should be something unique and special about it so that it quickly gathers attention and interest. That is my opinion.

anw001, Feb 16, 2010 IP
  20. danniboi33

danniboi33 Peon

Best Answers:
    Once again, until you answer these questions, then it is going to be difficult for a designer to build. With that said, from what I am reading from you and seeing your budget, you are in for an uphill battle.

danniboi33, Feb 16, 2010 IP