1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review: Mom's Anonymous

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by webinv, Aug 28, 2006.

Hey all,

Please take a look at the following site and let me know what you think about the overall design and your first opinion.

http://www.momsanonymous.com

Thanks,

-Jon

webinv, Aug 28, 2006 IP
  2. Bender

Bender Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks very professional. But, the top banner is blank, put some cool stuff in there and you're done! :)

Good luck!

Bender, Aug 28, 2006 IP
  3. hulk

hulk Guest

Best Answers:
    Love the colors though i am seeing a gap in between your logo and left menu

[​IMG]

hulk, Aug 29, 2006 IP
  4. Crouton

Crouton Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm seeing the same problems as hulk: gap, banner doesn't line up, and the non-hyperlink "Home". If you get those sorted out, however, should be good. The design and the colours look spiffy.

Crouton, Aug 30, 2006 IP
  5. webinv

webinv Peon

Best Answers:
    Hulk, thank you for the screenshot. I wasn't seeing what you were.

I tried to split the header image into 3 and make the middle expand to fit the width of the browser, but I failed to remember how to do that right.

Right now it is fixed width, but shouldn't have the big gap anymore!

Thanks for the input you three.

-Jon

webinv, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  6. Trisha

Trisha Active Member

Best Answers:
    I thought it was a shame that you had to register to read anything other than the first page. Some of the articles sounded as if they might be interesting to people who don't necessarily fall into a particular group. They won't sign up just to read them. Other than that it looked very professional. Well done.

Trisha, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  7. andgu

andgu Guest

Best Answers:
    I do think you should have some content available for non-registered users, sample chapters of ebooks etc might get you more subscribers.

As fas as i can tell there is no mention of any fee on the Mebership details page, yet when i click "Get Your FREE 7-Day Trial Now!" i'm expected to pay $10 a month. I (and probably most other users) dont like that kind of surprises.

\Anders

andgu, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  8. klown

klown Peon

Best Answers:
    on the register page the link "Get Your FREE 7-Day Trial Now!" blends with the other headings on that page .. novice internet users wont see that as a link and will get lost.

hes right dont trick users into clicking that link then end up having to pay.. i would sign off your site right away then.

Why dont u have an articles section for those people who arent members yet? You seem to have some articles for those not registered, they should be in one area where people can browse and read, this will make more people register.

Also do you make money from the weather.com thing on the side? if not id recommend taking it off.. only somebody from Grand Rapids MI would care about it.. Might as well change it to something else.

the site doesnt work properly at 800x600 which is definatly not good. i get about 15% of my users at that resolution.

Consider changing your title tags to something a bit more informative which include some keywords.

Mom's Anonymous - Information Every Mother Needs to Know

klown, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  9. pixel876

pixel876 Guest

Best Answers:
    I like it, I would just remove "home" and possibly change fonts on the navigation header

pixel876, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  10. webinv

webinv Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you once again for all the excellent feedback!

I removed the pathway script that showed "home" again below the one at the top.

The font size of the links at the top of the page was shrunk down a litte.

I added the amount it costs after the free trial directly below the free trial link itself.

I made some articles public. The plan originally was to make some of the public anyways, but that just hadn't been done yet. More are on the way...

If anybody has more contructive critisism I'd love to hear it!

Thanks,

Jon

webinv, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  11. klown

klown Peon

Best Answers:
    why are you saying its a free trial when you still have to pay?

klown, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  12. webinv

webinv Peon

Best Answers:
    I fixed what was confusing you. You actually don't have to pay anything at all for the first 7 days, but the page with the order button on it did not show that there really was a trial.

I put a note on that page to help clarify. See it here...

https://paydotcom.com/sell.php?id=8729

Thanks,

Jon

webinv, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  13. smatts9

smatts9 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That top right banner has that text on it which is very hard to read, change your favicon(better for the bookmarkers if it isnt that joomla or mambo icon), Layout looks a little out of position, the top left image goes out further to the left the the menu, and the main content section goes out further that the top right image(should make image longer).

smatts9, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  14. nomax5

nomax5 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi webinv,
    your site looks okay to me in Internet explorer, everything in place not gaps.
    colours and layout is okay, it seems like you're trying to build a community and I've long thought there is a vast untapped female market out there.

You’ve dived straight into the commercials and it seems very commercial, I don’t know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

nomax5, Sep 3, 2006 IP