1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to use wordpress as CMS like joomla ?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by salsan, Feb 13, 2010.

How to use wordpress as CMS like joomla or any other cms software? :)

salsan, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  2. Sean-Cration

Sean-Cration Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd say look for a theme that looks like a cms, then check out the wordpress plugin directory (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/) and from there you can find user management systems, seo helpers, contact forms, profile systems, and pretty much anything you can think of; its a great resource.

Sean-Cration, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  3. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nigel Lew, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  4. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use both. There are a lot of things Joomla can do in terms of arraigning data that WordPress can not. But WordPress is easier and there are more free valuable plug ins.

If you learn how to use Pages AND Posts you can do a lot with WordPress making it look like a Static site. The first thing you'll need to do is find a really nice theme and go from there.

There are plugins to help sort categories, and Pages. Very difficult to sort actual posts. There are plugins however that can make posts "sticky" on on top of the others. There are plugins to turn off the date/time stamp.

Some of these things will require you to edit the template directly.

If your site really need a lot of content and easy manipulation then just go with Joomla. My big gripe with Joomla is the Commenting just bites! And people like to comment.

internetmarketingiq, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  5. reilly3000

reilly3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    I use wordpress for all of my affiliate sites and for most of my sites for clients. The learning curve for the average non-tech user to get into using wordpress as a CMS is quite high in my opinion.

Joomla offers so much control as a CMS, but I find it really painful to get setup and design. Maybe I just need more practice.

I believe there is a plugin for WP that adds a toolbar on the dashboard that has some nice large buttons that lead to the most common CMS tasks.

reilly3000, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  6. AdvancedNoob

AdvancedNoob Guest

Best Answers:
    YOu know RocketTheme has Affinity, the same theme which was first released as Joomla, you can make the users think its joomla by editing the footer i guess xD

AdvancedNoob, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  7. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Many people use Joomla and Wordpress both. They put them in different folders on their hosting account. You
    do not have to choose between one or the other, you can have it all. :)

Blue Star Ent., Feb 14, 2010 IP
  8. bama boy

bama boy Active Member

Best Answers:
    pick good look theme >

bama boy, Feb 15, 2010 IP