1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone else got the email alert after withdrawal (Indian Paypal Users) ??

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by deluxdon, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WebStreetSmart

WebStreetSmart Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello : I have a strong feeling that paypal is going to get suspended in India. not Sure about the reason..

I guess.. we need to find some alternatives that would work for all the freelancers..

WebStreetSmart, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  2. harrisunderwork

harrisunderwork Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you have any proof then speak or else keep your mouth shut. Don't spread rumors :mad:

harrisunderwork, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  3. mithunv

mithunv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Think Positively My Friends :)

Every Problem has a Solution.

Lets Hope for the best. Pls be patient. Paypal asked us to wait

mithunv, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  4. WebStreetSmart

WebStreetSmart Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey.. cool.. even i am in the same boat..i wanted to think about escaping rather than sinking..

well.. read my post.. i never said that i know.. its my feeling.. better mind your words .. its easy to get nasty..

WebStreetSmart, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  5. harrisunderwork

harrisunderwork Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I got agitated at first position you should have suggested the possible solutions. Instead of that, you are trying to flame the thread about your feeling.

harrisunderwork, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  6. namaste_india

namaste_india Peon

Best Answers:
    how long are we gonna sit around and do nothing. we are into the 3rd week now and still no news from paypal. Xoom ain't gonna work for long and not for everyone anyway. everytime we ask them they give us template based replies or tell us to wait few more days. few more days have already been converted into few weeks already. I request all members to start calling them again only this way we can put some pressure. we have all seen the effect of constant pressure that made that funny guy Anuj talking on his blogpost. so i urge you all to maintain that pressure. do not let it slip away. we will get our money back from the hands of paypal.

namaste_india, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  7. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    you are probably refering to 24th jan

Bohra, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  8. Sdastidar

Sdastidar Peon

Best Answers:
    In a situation like this I guess it is very natural to become agitated and negative. I am trying to keep away negative thoughts, without much success. Its been 3 weeks now. So what do you all think is the best option (apart from calling/mailing Paypal to do something)...
    1) Transfer through xoom
    2) Withdrawal through card
    3) Withdrawal through cheque

Sdastidar, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  9. salaxzar

salaxzar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Calling isnt of any use.They already know what the problem is and getting a new certificate/license from RBI isnt a joke.It takes time..If you are so frustated , then simply exchange pp money for MB and withdraw through MB...

salaxzar, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  10. peepin2me

peepin2me Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What news do you require from paypal? They've already informed us that due to regulatory issues, they are not able to offer bank withdrawals and they'll get back when they have more information to provide us with. Paypal are in no way obligated to provide the bank withdrawal facility. In any case, this facility was not available a few years ago.

If at all you want to put pressure on someone, it should be directed towards RBI in order to get them to permit bank withdrawals from paypal. I think your frustration and anger is misdirected cause I don't think paypal can do anything else other than to wait for RBI to make its decisions.

peepin2me, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  11. tickey

tickey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Guys, accept the point honestly that we are nothing, we are not special and are puppets whose control is in hands of Government agencies. Play like what they asked you to play otherwise your threads will be cut. Personally I accepted that fact.

tickey, Feb 13, 2010 IP
    fancymouj likes this.
  12. salaxzar

salaxzar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    True....:(

salaxzar, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  13. namaste_india

namaste_india Peon

Best Answers:
    do you know a way to do that? I have already opened MB account and as far as I know there is no way to transfer PP funds to your MB accounts. I think you are just being sarcastic here?

14. namaste_india

namaste_india Peon

Best Answers:
    I have already provided contact details of RBI spokesperson as soon as this news hit the blog. but i don't think many of us has the courage to talk to them. besides we don't stand anywhere to be able to ask them anything at all. since paypal is our service provider and is obliged to give answer to our questions best is to maintain pressure on them so they could pass on our pressure on RBI...thats what i meant. When everyone was bashing paypal initially i was the one who said they were not entirely to blame when it was happening due to our own govt policies.

15. SrIkI

SrIkI Peon

Best Answers:
    According to the update posted on paypal blog by Anuj, he says that local bank withdrawal process should be resumed in just a few days. Paypal should have made this announcement only after getting confirmed from RBI. Otherwise paypal will surely lose it's reputation as the whole world is watching this issue. So they will surely keep up their words to maintain their goodwill.

So I feel that bank withdrwal process will be initiated within a few days or atmost by the end of next week. If it prolongs even more than that then it suggests that there is some serious problem.

It's not easy to step back from India after carrying out years of business here. If they do so then it will be a serious setback for them which they surely don't want to happen. I hope everything is gonna be fine. but we should wait!!!:cool:

any response?

SrIkI, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  16. tickey

tickey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Think about our government. Why they are promoting tourism? Why they are promoting our past? Why not the present or future? Because they also know that other than darkness, there is nothing in future. The country who historically was against money is now the most hungry in term of money. We accept the money in all ways, whether legal or illegal, but we want money. All these things tells that we are in shame, not in proud situation where we can loudly say that we are Indians.
    We are in India not because we love our country but because we are not capable of flying to other countries, otherwise why people are migrating to rich countries?
    How many US citizens are in India and how many Indians are in US? The difference between the no. of citizens is a clear answer. As, there is no other choice, at least for me, I need to wait for the solution of not only this condition, but others too, because if I protest, firstly no one will follow me, secondly, I can be in money-less condition for 2-3 months. After that? You know the answer.
    So better to accept the facts where we can't do anything.

tickey, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  17. bhavin12300

bhavin12300 Peon

Best Answers:
    still waiting.

bhavin12300, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  18. Sdastidar

Sdastidar Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, actually you have a point there. But what I want to say is that India is India's worst enemy. There is no systematic procedure in any field...And of course the government (Be it any govt by any party) always takes the cake!

19. gauravgrt

gauravgrt Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes xoom.com is definitely working, i initiated $1250 withdrawal on wednesday and i got funds credited in my account today. They asked for many documents, nevertheless its good. :)

gauravgrt, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  20. Sdastidar

Sdastidar Peon

Best Answers:
    So xoom is working? I guess I ll try withdrawing through it too. Can you please explain the procedure, and what documents are they asking for?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.