1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Have marketing dollars dried up... or is it me?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by FloridaSEOguy, Feb 8, 2010.

Due to the slow economy, I have been improving my marketing offers to my niche market. A year ago sales were easy.

Now in this economy, I offer 20 wesites for the price of one (a year ago) and today I get very little activity. see estate attorney marketing

Is everyone addicted to free?

Has all discretionary spending for small businesses dried up?

FloridaSEOguy, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  2. webpromote

webpromote Peon

Best Answers:
    I've experienced similar pains. Apparently, people are still buying stuff, economic hardship or not. You just have to find a way to sell to them.

webpromote, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  3. tash1

tash1 Peon

Best Answers:
    just got to be more pursuasive these days really push the sale

tash1, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  4. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have to make them see why it's worth investing. I have found a similar dip, but nothing too crazy. Just keep up at it - you'll make it in the end!

Ascendancy, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  5. xmartel

xmartel Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's harder, but where there's a will there's a way.

xmartel, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  6. JacobNeldson

JacobNeldson Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd estimate that in my own ventures there's been around a 20% dip.

JacobNeldson, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  7. webbmaster

webbmaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    economy has affected all of us. also your clients have more venues to spend their ad dollars.. almost all the mjors web portal offer self serve ad platform now a days... myspace.. facebook.. twitter.. yahoo...

webbmaster, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  8. plessard

plessard Peon

Best Answers:
    it is definitely much harder to get money from people for all types of things.

a little creativity though and you can work through it..

In my business I started taking on affiliates, not tons of them just a select few that are trusted members of their niche. By sharing commissions I'm able to do more with less as I have others selling for me and the sale is easier because it comes from a trusted referral.

You can also try to increase the value of your offer by bundling it with someone else that is not necessarily a competitor and can broaden your access to the market.

good luck

plessard, Feb 12, 2010 IP
  9. tikijj

tikijj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Recently I've put a site on sale that gets 1500 uniques/month, $45/month off affiliate commission, no reserve thinking that it has to go for a good price, I got $100 for the damn site LOL~ I kept my end of the bargain and sold it, but really, I just gave the site away. So is it tough to make money selling websites nowadays? Hell yeah.

tikijj, Feb 12, 2010 IP
  10. Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is the because of the economic recession and its slow rescinding back to normal. With so many things on the internet being free, people are used to getting everything free and sales are slow to take off. But ecommerce is still happening you just need to tap the right channels to get sales and make money. Also in your specific case selling websites can be a bit hard as lot of people are starting out with websites of their own. There are simply too many sellers these days than there were a year ago.

Traffic-Bug, Feb 12, 2010 IP