1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion A more comprehensive Rules/Faq Please.

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Mobile-Monster, Feb 12, 2010.

Hi All,

Been a long time I have posted anything actually. It would be really awesome if we can have more "clear" and "understandable" Rules/ Faq Section. Honestly it would make our life much more easier here at DP.

A couple of week back I wanted to sell a site and I had the same site on auction at "another website", so it would be stupid to run 2 auctions at different places simultaneously. Before posting I did a quick search for "Auction" on rules page - Found nothing. Then I went to the BST section did a search for "another site"and found "hundreds" of threads posted. Now any guy in his good sense would assume that yes it is fine to post similar thread
    I did the same but unfortunately it was tagged as "Inappropriate".

Now if it was actually something that is disallowed, a rule stating the same could help thousands of users not to do it. A sticky in an appropriate section can do wonders. Would save both users and mod's time.

If a certain rule is implemented/modified recently, then it should not affect the threads that were posted before the new rule was enforced. It makes no sense.

And if the rules were very much there from a long time, leaving such disallowed threads all over the forum only confuses users who actually want to abide by the DP rules. It's better to remove such threads/topics to avoid any confusion.

We can only go by what is available to our eyes { rules and faq }and existing threads.

Thanks for reading.

Warm Regards,
    MM

Mobile-Monster, Feb 12, 2010 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    A post linking to somewhere else you are selling something shouldn't be in Buy/Sell/Trade, because you aren't selling it (here), you are just advertising a link.

digitalpoint, Feb 12, 2010 IP
  3. TikTok

TikTok Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty certain we've always given infractions for threads that are made just to advertise services elsewhere, like another forum, or eBay, Sedo, or Flippa.

If you're selling it here, fine, but if you're just using the forum to advertise it elsewhere, it's spam. Our sites forum is intended for people to be able to buy or sell sites (here), and to be able to send PMs making offers, not to redirect to another website for that same service.

TikTok, Feb 12, 2010 IP
  4. Mobile-Monster

Mobile-Monster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with you . But you are still missing the real point which is if you leave all those "advertising link" all over your forum any person would think it is indeed allowed, unless until it is clearly stated somewhere. As said before we can only see what is available to us and not what you do behind the scene {infracting users or giving them warning}. If we see just a couple of such posts I would still be be doubtful whether to post or not, but if we see similar posts repeatedly on the forum, I have to assume that it is fine to do so.

5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Report posts you see that are against the rules...

digitalpoint, Feb 12, 2010 IP
  6. Mobile-Monster

Best Answers:
    I assume making a sticky in the domain/site in BST section can save a lot of time both for modders and end users. I can see a lot of such posts even senior and old members still link to other auction sites, which somewhat makes me feel the rules have not been passed on quite well.

Thanks and appreciate your time and also feel that I have said what I wanted to.

7. TikTok

TikTok Peon

Best Answers:
    One would assume that a stickie would be helpful, but disappointingly, members don't read the stickies or the FAQ, as can be evidenced by the number of banned accounts.

If they did read and comprehend, we would never need to issue another infraction because this would be an online paradise, full of reasonable, rational, and considerate individuals who are only concerned with sharing their wisdom and Internet business acumen with others.

TikTok, Feb 12, 2010 IP
  8. Mobile-Monster

Best Answers:
    Agreed :). However, there are many members who actually want to abide by the rules. Currently its like we have a bit confusing or undercover rule and to actually understand them we have to break them once to get the exact details.

On a lighter note, we still hear drunk-n-drive accident cases almost everyday, but that does not stop the concerned organization to put hoarding/ sign boards wherever possible to educate people. They did that years back and still continue to do it even though there are many people who ignore the warning.

No harm in having a sticky on common issues on specific sub sections IMO.

Cheers

vagrant likes this.