1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Excessive Banning of Sites

Discussion in 'Google' started by FavouritesBlog, Feb 11, 2010.

I've noticed around the forums a lot lately - People being banned or penalized for too much backlinking in a short time or being banned for blackhat related things. Have any of you experienced excessive banning by google?

Im interested in some stories about being banned by google and how hard it is to become unbanned.

Thanks DP

FavouritesBlog, Feb 11, 2010 IP
    sachin410 likes this.
  2. freespace

freespace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have worked with clients that redeveloped there websites. They changed the menu system and inadvertently made the links hidden to users but able to seen by spiders. Google picked this up and banned the site.

freespace, Feb 11, 2010 IP
  3. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Banning is not the same as penalised, are you aware of that FavouritesBlog?

pipes, Feb 11, 2010 IP
  4. poker princess

poker princess Member

Best Answers:
    you are right, couple of my friends blogs were banned because of too much of links in their posts, also the account was linking to a forum where they had posted every single day atleast 50 to 60 posts.... I think this is really not acceptable...

poker princess, Feb 11, 2010 IP
  5. peterson82

peterson82 Peon

Best Answers:
    If your website have keyword stuffing and spaming more with other website.So that time google banned website .

peterson82, Feb 11, 2010 IP
  6. LakeCountry

LakeCountry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I honestly believe there is a lot less banning and penalties happening than it seems. Truth is Google very rarely outright banns a site and you would have to do something really bad to get a penalty.

Most people see a change in serps and ask a question about it here and all the "experts" come out and tell them how Google banned their site or penalized them. 99.999% of the time this is simply a natural shift with an explanation but it's easier for the self described experts to say "penalty" than to offer a logical explanation.

LakeCountry, Feb 11, 2010 IP
  7. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah!! as the caffeine is rolling out, more and more sites are getting banned.
    Probably the new algo is playing its game.

Abhik, Feb 11, 2010 IP