1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Staying below the radar on Google!!!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Web Hosting Review, Feb 10, 2010.

I have website: nortonsecuritybase.com ( sig link also ), and when i checked it on seopenalty.com ( is it real state? ) it show me:

Your nortonsecuritybase.com domain has a VERY HIGH Penalty
    Penalty Level: tot. 10 points (0 min. - 10 max.)
    Code (markup):
    Can anyone tell me why is that, where i made mistake? On page SEO is fine by me. Backlinks are colorful :) ( directories, social news, blog comments... )

With bing and yahoo, everything is OK. Ranking and traffic is there, and that is good. But on google, i can't move further than page 5 or page 6 with my main keywords: norton security and norton 360.

That is very annoying thing for me, and it takes almost a year. Maybe I should ask for assistance before.

Web Hosting Review, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  2. mcdwgbiz

mcdwgbiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I checked several sites that have the first spot in google and according to seopenalty.com they all have 10 points out of 10. I don't know about that site, never heard of it, seems bogus to me, I could be wrong though.

mcdwgbiz, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  3. simpseo

simpseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wikipedia.org has a SLIGHT penalty - LOL

No-one except Google knows this information. Use the site for entertainment value only :)

simpseo, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  4. Warll

Warll Peon

Best Answers:
    They even claim that their own site is highly penalized, that tool is worthless.

Warll, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  5. Web Hosting Review

Web Hosting Review Guest

Best Answers:
    Ok, nevermind

I also check it on opensiteexplorer.org

http://www.opensiteexplorer.org/www.nortonsecuritybase.com/a!links
    Code (markup):
    Domain and Page Authority look fine by me, better or slightly worse than competition.

Still my site is going bad with google :( I can't help myself

6. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Never come across that site b4 but all my sites I checked came up with zero penalties

There is the possibilty (apart from other things) such a domain as nortonsecuritydevice could be construed as either a TM violation and possible phishing site or just simply a copyright breach or something similar to a typo domain trying to ride off of a well known brand name

Revelations-Decoder, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  7. Blogington

Blogington Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't bother with such sites. Chances are there 'Penalty Level' test is just a useless guest at best. No one outside Google really knows if your site has been penalized and to what extent.

All that said, You've chosen some pretty competitive keywords to go after and have done well to get your site to where it is. The top 5 pages are by far the most competitive, so it's going to be more difficult to crack them. Just continue with what you're doing (because it's clearly working) and you'll get there eventually.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
    Blogington, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  8. Web Hosting Review

Web Hosting Review Guest

Best Answers:
    There are other site ( norton partners ) like mine, and so TM violation is something that is not for sure.

My keywords on yahoo and bing are among the first page, solid amount of traffic i get from these two SE. But G is about light year in front of others... At the beginning of campaign i reach page 3 with particular kw. Within time my rank drop to page 8-9, and now is back on page 5, and it seams like a frozen there. Also, my PR drop from 2-3 to 0.

9. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    might be worth checking other sites that ride off of big brand names to see and try and suss if it is a factor Web Hosting Review...

Revelations-Decoder, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  10. Get Inspired

Get Inspired Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like a waste of time. Focus on the 80/20!

Get Inspired, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  11. Pristuno

Pristuno Peon

Best Answers:
    Why don't you ask your doubt in Mack Cutt's blog

Pristuno, Feb 11, 2010 IP
  12. Web Hosting Review

Web Hosting Review Guest

Best Answers:
    I'll try with Matt Cutts, but i dont think they will answer on this ( direct ) question. I will try to regain high PR again with some good related sites. That is only thing i can do now.

Web Hosting Review, Feb 11, 2010 IP