1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Protected your contents

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by SoniCute, Sep 2, 2006.

How you do it,after you buy original contents from writers?.
    I have read all on this forum but not found good explanation.Can somebody here tell me what to do exactly.

I wont after upload original contents on my site then leecher just copy paste it and publish on their site.Thanks

SoniCute, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  2. RatDog

RatDog Peon

Best Answers:
    I had to deal with that same problem last week.

Using copyscape.com, I found a half dozen of my pages had been lifted and put on another site. I contacted the website provider (Tripod/Lycos in this case) and gave them the URLs of my pages, the URLs of the stolen pages, and a link to the WayBackMachine where they could verify how long my pages had been around. They wrote back a few days later telling me they had removed the bogus site from their servers.

So, I'd try writing to the site's host. Give them whatever evidence you have that you own the material and see what happens.

RatDog, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  3. SoniCute

SoniCute Active Member

Best Answers:
    How you explained to website provider if you are original owner contents?Are they request some prove about it?

SoniCute, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  4. RatDog

RatDog Peon

Best Answers:
    In my case, this is what I gave them:

1. The URLs of the stolen pages on the thief's site.

2. The URLs of the original pages on my site.

3. Link to my site on the WayBackMachine (www.archive.org) where they can see for themselves the date my pages were first recorded.

In your case, since you purchased the content, you might be able to provide them with a receipt from the author or maybe the author would write you a short note identifying you as the owner of his/her work.

RatDog, Sep 2, 2006 IP
    geegel likes this.
  5. SoniCute

SoniCute Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok RatDog,that very helpful.Thanks

SoniCute, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  6. geegel

geegel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    RatDog's method seems very effective. A quicker method would be to send a simple cease and desist letter to the webmaster of the guilty site. This usually works in 90% of the cases.

Regards, George

geegel, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  7. RatDog

RatDog Peon

Best Answers:
    George - Good advice. My first inclination was to send the C&D letter as you suggest. However, the only contact information I could find was a dead email address that kicked back my message. And since the guy didn't have his own domain (his site was hosted on Tripod), whois was of no use in tracking him down.

Anyway, my personal experience in the past has been that C&D letters aren't too effective (maybe 50% of the time) unless they come from an attorney. Going straight to the host worked well in this instance . . . they took the site down within 3 days after I sent my complaint.

RatDog, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  8. ConceptWriter

ConceptWriter Peon

Best Answers:
    I follow the same strategy as suggested by RatDog.

ConceptWriter, Sep 22, 2006 IP