1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are Websites Dead?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Lifes_Short, Feb 10, 2010.

Just a simple question as to whether or not websites still work ok for you?

I mention this because you read a lot about having to constantly update your site with fresh articles and news or you won’t get your site/s up the charts because Google love fresh content, fair enough. But what about the poor old website that may only have a few pages about your product or service.

Personally I use both and I have some simple websites on page one of Google for my main keyword and I’ve done nothing to them for months, apart from submit a few articles to a few of the major article directories as I do with a few blogs that I have. Both types move up and down a little but I’m interested to know which of yours performs best, website or blog, maybe we should do a survey?

Lifes_Short, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  2. forump

forump Peon

Best Answers:
    for me the websites will be alive forever... where did you read that thing?

forump, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  3. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    Define "perform".

I run news & constant fresh article sites with a lot of traffic. In a bigger way, they "perform".

I run tiny little websites for small businesses. In a very low-key way, on a local level, they "perform" too.

Remembering to keep everything in context is important :)

Lever, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  4. kelvintrinity

kelvintrinity Peon

Best Answers:
    Well as it is said its the maker that has more value than the make. Which means as long as you know you job and are skilled you will be able to get what you want. Getting sites on top which have few pages or got only products and services well you need to know your work, then it does not matter weather its a website or a blog.

kelvintrinity, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  5. dtrainer

dtrainer Peon

Best Answers:
    Websites are still alive and kicking.

dtrainer, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  6. strid3r

strid3r Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    website never die, just evolve .. web --> Blog --> Micro blog

strid3r, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  7. crimprollc

crimprollc Peon

Best Answers:
    Websites are not dead. They have involved into the Web 2.0 world. Your site whether it be product or service has to incorporate blogs etc to make them viable in the search engines.

crimprollc, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  8. SEO Universe

SEO Universe Peon

Best Answers:
    Websites have history, incoming links and are deeply embedded into the search engines. Over time they will be less focussed as more and more searchers will want new information - quite often delivered through social networks.

To this end I am sure that over time the rankings for existing websites will fade as newer sites, and posts get to take over top spot for their keywords.

SEO Universe, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  9. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you do not like updating your sites, your in the wrong line of business.

Having a website takes a lot of time and dedication. A lot of people are not willing to sit down, and spend a couple of hours a week writing articles or finding fresh content.

A lot of people want that instant satisfaction. They have heard of people getting rich off of their blogs. So when their blog does not take off like a rocket, they lose faith a drop out.

~kev~, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  10. shahab6

shahab6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    do you mean dead as making money?

shahab6, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  11. webw0rks

webw0rks Peon

Best Answers:
    website is not a static thing mate.....
    u just have to feed the monster with new content and links
    if its a company portral or something or a limited service with a a smaller scope than according to me content is not a problem
    regards
    web

webw0rks, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  12. QuirkyMomma

QuirkyMomma Guest

Best Answers:
    well, it is a bit harder to "make-it" as a website as there are more of them out there... but the web isn't going anywhere. If anything it is MORE alive - lol

QuirkyMomma, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  13. Rajaie

Rajaie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Websites are dead. Twitter is dead. Email marketing is dead. The Internet as we know it, is "dead".

People stopped making money online ever since lolcatz came onto the scene. Sorry, I couldn't help it, but I'm pretty tired of seeing threads like this.

Rajaie, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  14. Spawned

Spawned Member

Best Answers:
    are you comparing to a "BLOG"... that may be a different story.

Spawned, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  15. KarlaCopywriting

KarlaCopywriting Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, anyone who thinks the web is dead isn't in touch with how powerful it really is. Many businesses are web-based and do nothing else other than web business.

KarlaCopywriting, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  16. Jericho33

Jericho33 Peon

Best Answers:
    It really just depends on what you are trying to achieve. If you want to build your email list then blogs would probably work better from an SEO stand point since you can keep adding content and rank for several keywords. If you are selling a service or product then it's easier just to do PPC.

I have and use both for different purposes. I think both are still legitimate.

Jericho33, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  17. FavouritesBlog

FavouritesBlog Peon

Best Answers:
    Static websites are dead, Dynamic ( PHP ) sites are alive and kicking very very well. They are " evolving " the internet so to speak.

FavouritesBlog, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  18. killer2021

killer2021 Peon

Best Answers:
    Content is king. Maybe those, "poor old websites" with 3-4 pages of fantastic content will rank better than your 1000 article blog of mediocre content. Its about providing value to the visitors. Remember, google is heavily based on visitor behavior. Google is tracking everything the visitor does. If they bookmark your page, google notices that. If they stay long, google notices that. If they place a link to your site, google notices that.

Your main goal should be providing value to the visitor. People will automatically share stuff they think is useful to them.

killer2021, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  19. makingafriend

makingafriend Active Member

Best Answers:
    I feel that's why lots of people start a blog because they want to update the site often with new information

A lot of time a blog can out rank a website if the blog is updated constantly. I agree with above poster you cant be lazy when trying to make money online. It really upsets me when people think that all they got to do is get on a site and magically they going to be a millionaire they want instant money.

If you was working at a regular job you would have to work to make money its the same thing. It can even be harder online cause you have to constantly work, work and work more. If you work and promote your site you will see that it will rank good. The difference between someone who make money online and someone who dont is the one who make money is working while the person who is not is just looking for a easy way out. mho

makingafriend, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  20. elitesystem

elitesystem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am in love with wordpress. Blogs are superior because it enables you to connect with your audience and also easily customizable. You can also update it frequently :) I dont own any sites but only blogs

elitesystem, Feb 10, 2010 IP