1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Your 10 best link building tips

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Torsten, Feb 4, 2010.

1. walterk

walterk Peon

Best Answers:
    1) Social bookmarking (using onlywire and going to eval bookmarking demon soon)
    2) forum & blog posting
    3) Yahoo Site Explorer

I have used 3) best. I find a nicely ranked website and start seeing where they got links and it always turns up a few good do follow blogs that have high PR.

I then subscribe to the blogs and post from time to time. Eventually - the law of averages kicks in & I get some juice.

-Walter

walterk, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  2. Torsten

Torsten Peon

Best Answers:
    Do they provide DOFOLLOW links?

Again DOFOLLOW links? I can imagine that if you have a large base of "followers" this can be of assistance.

Torsten, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  3. KarlaCopywriting

KarlaCopywriting Member

Best Answers:
    Forum sigs alone won't help much. You should certainly change that strategy.

KarlaCopywriting, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  4. KarlaCopywriting

KarlaCopywriting Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo Answers will provide exposure, but very little in the form of SEO

KarlaCopywriting, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  5. walterk

walterk Peon

Best Answers:
    My take on all this is "it depends". Every now and then a forum thread will have high page ranking within google and you can post on it and your links will get juice.

It won't get much juice because my understanding of page rank is that it can lose it's "juice" as it has more outbound do-follow links. You definitely won't get any "juice" if you just update your profile page and fall off the face of the planet (which is what a lot of people seem to do- update profile pages with their keywords and leave).

I've had some luck with Yahoo answers getting indexed on the 2nd page of Google search results against the keywords I was targetting but I think it was dumb luck more than anything else.

I have tried to study and understand why some answers in Yahoo answers get good search engine love and others don't and I'm stumped.

I run Google Toolbar in Firefox all the time and look at the page rank of the sites I'm on. Some political blogs still allow do follow links (after you get approved past the waiting period etc.)

I've been able to add value to their communities and also anchor text my keywords with some success. I do it because it's fun - every few weeks I look back and notice that some of the threads I'm on ended up with a page rank of 3 or 4.

It's VERY hit or miss - it's certainly not my main strategy but like I said - I enjoy these blogs anyway.

This is how I initially got my site indexed and showing up in search engine results.

Lot of work, lot of trial and error - there's probably an easier way than forum posting and Yahoo Answers.

-Walter

walterk, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  6. walterk

walterk Peon

Best Answers:
    Y! does not provide do follow links. I am at Level 2 for answers and I'm still 'nofollow' but I do get the privilege of getting a hyper link to my URLs. That seems to be the big difference with L2.

Anyone get up higher than L2? If Yahoo gives dofollow at a higher level that would be so *)#$!! damn cool!!

walterk, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  7. Hade

Hade Active Member

Best Answers:
    Search Google for 'dofollow blog list'. You'll find sites full of dofollow blogs you can comment on. Just make sure you write relevant, valuable blog comments and don't spam, otherwise you're wasting your time.

Hade, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  8. cladkins

cladkins Peon

Best Answers:
    Great Stuff! Thanks For the Help!

cladkins, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  9. cathfan

cathfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Mostly same as everyone, but in extra, I use Linking Loophole to automate create high PR profile page links.

cathfan, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  10. doemeister

doemeister Peon

Best Answers:
    interesting reading all the suggestions

doemeister, Feb 10, 2010 IP