1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to ask for One Way Links ?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by smile, Sep 2, 2006.

hi, im new in web development and i am curious how exactly do we request for one way links from other webmasters ?

because they will ask for a link back right ? so i dont understand how can someone be successful in asking for one way links ?

thank you for your help :)

sincerely,

smily

smile, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  2. IndigoBlack

IndigoBlack Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, links generally operate on an exchange basis. One way you could do it is to invite people to your website and ask that they recommend you in a blog post or something if they like your site or if your site benefits their readers somehow.

There are some directories that don't require a link back so you can look at those as a source of one way links.

Other than that, if you don't want to clutter your home page with link backs, you can create an "affiliate" page and put the links there. Or you can offer some type of service in exchange for links say a review of their blog/website, a free template with your links embeded etc, etc...

Hope this helped somewhat. Good luck with your project.

IndigoBlack, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  3. eukhost

eukhost Banned

Best Answers:
    Most webmasters won't be willing to provide you a one way link as they link on reciprocal basis. You can get one way links from directories which do not require a reciprocal link or you can buy few one way links to boost your site's link popularity.

eukhost, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  4. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a Web Directory and the reason why I provide one-way links is so as to increase the contents on my site. Of course, it is the reciprocal links which would benefit both parties. But I am definitely opened to paid one-way links.

eddy2099, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  5. MatthewN

MatthewN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Create good quality content and many will start to link to you FOC. You wont need to do any asking.

MatthewN, Sep 2, 2006 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  6. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    One way link requests beg for the delete button. I like to think of them as leechers. If your site is good enough, you don't need to request to be linked to, site owners just will.

dcristo, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  7. smile

smile Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks everyone for the help :). i appreciate so much !

Dear MatthewN,

"Create good quality content and many will start to link to you FOC " , but how do they even know our site exist if we dont ask for a link to them ? and our site cant be ranked high without links right ? so they cant find our site from Google either. So how ? I dont want my site to be dead in the cyberspace...

thank you :)

sincerely,

smily

smile, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  8. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    MatthewN is completely right. When you build a quality site, people will start linking to you, because you make yourself an authority of sorts on the subject. Worry about making that your top priority. If the only way you can get people to find out about your sites is by contacting them directly to ask for a link, then something's seriously wrong. Worry about other promotional methods as you build high quality content (send press releases, promote in forum signatures, leave blog comments on popular blogs in your subject area, etc.). Some people use article directories... if it would work for your topic, you could give that a try too.

Jenn

jhmattern, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  9. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If your site does have some damn good content, submit them to sites like reddit and be a part of social bookmarking sites like delicious, digg . I mean do a bit of marketing n seo ( the normal ones)

If one person does find it good enough the visits will pour in, and so will the one way links:)

Remember that some of the sites with the greatest number of one way links were also unknown entities at one point of time.:)

gr8liverpoolfan, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  10. [*-AnOnYmOuS-*]

[*-AnOnYmOuS-*] Active Member

Best Answers:
    I love the feeling when i'm emailing someone to link with his site and he accepts :p//

[*-AnOnYmOuS-*], Sep 2, 2006 IP
  11. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How often do you have that feeling , when you are asking for a one way:D

gr8liverpoolfan, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  12. andre75

andre75 Peon

Best Answers:
    You could post on forums or write articles for one way links.

andre75, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  13. smile

smile Peon

Best Answers:
    i see. thanks everyone :) . but what if , say we have an excellent idea that hasnot been done by anyone, there would be a lot of copy cats right. can we stay under the radar while gaining top rank ? so when a lot of ppl found it out, its already too late. maybe on page 1 on google ? ( for some not competitive keywords)

thank you for your help :)

sincerely,

smily

smile, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  14. inhook

inhook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    adding your signature in forums where the content is related is also one way to do it.

inhook, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  15. wheel

wheel Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, not infrequently. I don't do reciprocals, but I do request one-ways - and recieve them.

People will give you one way links if you send a personalized request and indicate the benefit to them of giving you a link. Typically that does involve having good content then somehow showing that the content is of use to their visitors.

It takes quite a while to find sites that might be interested in linking to you and where you've got something of intest to them. But find those sites and personally I get about 1 one way link for every five emails.

It's more work, but I believe the benefit shows.
    -------------------------------------------
    Dear xxxxxx,

I see you're linking to site XXXX on your page http://xxxxxxxx. I have a site that your visitors might find of interest because of {insert something compelling}. Would you consider providing a link to my site www.xxxxxxxx.com as well?

Thanks for your consideration.

wheel, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  16. smile

smile Peon

Best Answers:
    wow thanks Wheel :) . i m impressed with the kindness of people here :). thanks everyoen

smile, Sep 2, 2006 IP