1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pregnant man is ‘blissfully happy’ as he prepares to give birth

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ly2, Jan 26, 2010.

source and pictures

Scott Moore – thought to be only the second ‘pregnant man’ to go public – is due to give birth to a boy in February, with husband Thomas by his side.

The couple were both born girls and have undergone surgery to transform their sex.

Scott, 30, who is legally married to Thomas because he still has a female birth certificate, says he is eagerly looking forward to giving birth.

They have decided to call the child ‘Miles’.

‘We know some people will criticise us but we are blissfully happy and not ashamed,’ Scott said.

The couple, from California, already have two children – Gregg, 12, and Logan, 10 – who Thomas had with a previous female partner.

The case is similar to that of Thomas Beatie, from Oregon, who made headlines around the world in 2008 when he gave birth to a girl.

Scott, who started out in life as a girl named Jessica, first realised he wanted to be a man when he hit puberty aged 11.

‘When I told my family they thought I was crazy but they gradually realised I was serious and allowed me to start taking male hormones when I was 16 years old,’ he said.

His parents paid £4,600 for Scott to have his 36DDD chest removed. However, he could not afford the gender surgery, so still has female organs.

Thomas, who used to be called Laura, had a hysterectomy and gender reassignment surgery last year.

They met in 2005 at a support group meeting for transgender men but lost touch – but saw each other again in 2007.

‘We knew we had to be together,’ Scott said. ‘Two months later I gave up my job to live with Thomas and the boys.

‘Now they call me “dad two”.’The couple, who live in a four-bedroom house, decided in December 2008 to try for a baby.

Scott was inseminated with the sperm of a male friend and fell pregnant in June 2009.

‘We were so happy we did what all gay men do when they get excited – we went shopping,’ Thomas said.

The couple have dismissed concerns that Miles might be teased at school, saying they are confident they can deal with it.

‘We’ve been through it already,’ Thomas said.

‘My son Logan was bullied but now he just says to teasers: “You may have a problem with my two dads but I don’t so you’re not hurting me”.’

Scott plans to have a natural birth at their local hospital. Their doctor and obstetrician have told the medics at the local hospital.

‘We didn’t want everyone to be shocked when a man turns up to give birth,’ Scott said.‘We found it very difficult to get a doctor and midwife at first. It was hard when people didn’t want to treat me.

‘No pregnant person should be denied healthcare just because they are a man.’

But he added: ‘I’m looking forward to giving birth now. With Thomas at my side everything will be just fine.’

Thomas said: ‘We want to show the world that trans-families can be healthy, loving and nurturing.’

Read more: The world’s SECOND pregnant man is ‘blissfully happy’ as he prepares to give birth to baby boy next month | Naples News

ly2, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  2. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The article says they were both born girls (Jessica and Laura), but they certainly don't look it. It's confusing though, they were born females, who wanted to be men, and are attracted to men. I think?

[​IMG]

Rebecca, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  3. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's not a man having a baby, it's a woman having a beard. It's pure sensationalism. It's a woman.

stOx, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  4. bfebrian

bfebrian Peon

Best Answers:
    a woman who want to be a man, but want to get pregnant and give birth? :confused:

bfebrian, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  5. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Creepy f^ckin' looks in those pics. Kinda reminds me of The Hills Have Eyes.

Hope I don't have nightmares.

ncz_nate, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  6. alexispetrov

alexispetrov Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm actually kind of pleased when people who really want kids get them; loving couples who finally get IVF, etc.

I figure that people who really want children will be far better and more devoted parents than a lot of others.

I'm positive this story will be met with some outrage; but that said any drunken abuser can have kids, even people who support the idea of an 8 year old having sex - a gay couple beats them, hands down.

alexispetrov, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  7. abdobasha2004

abdobasha2004 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL so gay !

abdobasha2004, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  8. Danielregwan

Danielregwan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    those are women ? :eek:

Danielregwan, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  9. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    "Laura" aka "Thomas" has already had gender reassignment surgery, so is now technically a man. "Jessica" aka "Scott" the pregnant one, wants gender reassignment surgery, but can't afford it as this time. Therefore, what we have here is just your typical, average, every day run of the mill male/female type of heterosexual couple.

Move along, nothing unusual to see here...

LOL:)

Rebecca, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  10. Realm

Realm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't see no woman features anywhere...creepy

Realm, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  11. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    it "was" a women
    this isn't new or interesting IMO..lol

Brandon Sheley, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  12. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I know what you mean. Its amazing that you need a license to do just about anything else - except have children.

Mia, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  13. alexispetrov

alexispetrov Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly Mia.

You need a license even to own various "exotic" pets in most places, such as a monkey or rare bird - but anyone can have any number of kids; even convicted rapists or killers. >.<'

alexispetrov, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  14. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know why "he" is referred to as a man having a baby when technically "he" is a woman. Man cannot have babies, it is impossible.

So the headline ought to be, "A woman who had gone a major surgery to look kinda like a man, is now having her first child as a transformed man"....nuff said.

wwws, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  15. wmghori

wmghori Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Men have babies daily. Man cannot get pregnant. Thats impossible. ;)

wmghori, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  16. ferrari353

ferrari353 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not one to judge, but I honestly think that is just wrong...What kind of parent pays to have their child get a sex change?? And If I was him I wouldn't go public...haha that would be embarrassing

ferrari353, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  17. bfebrian

bfebrian Peon

Best Answers:
    lol
    in the next 10 years, there will be no "sex/gender" anymore in ID card, because people can change their sex/gender like they change their hair cut.
    there will be no papa or mama, father or mother, just parents

scary

bfebrian, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  18. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    This is so sick.

Blogmaster, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  19. Damilola

Damilola Member

Best Answers:
    The world is a changing place. For some people it has changed from the real and spiritual to the absurd and ludicrous; while for others it has changed from the intolerable to the free, unbiased, and not-persecuting world. Either way, I am of an indifferent opinion.

So, congratulations to the expectant father/mother; whichever it is I don't care. Next topic!

Damilola, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  20. jamieellis

jamieellis Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's just a very ugly looking woman, not a man.

jamieellis, Feb 9, 2010 IP