1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hazard perception test

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ruby_1, Oct 28, 2009.

The HPT exam format, its too confusing for me. I just cannot seem to pick up the right hazard. Please help me out???

ruby_1, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  2. rayne_joy

rayne_joy Peon

Best Answers:
    I used a strategy where I used to click only twice on every hazard developing. And I can tell you it really works. You can also practice on CDs and websites.

rayne_joy, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  3. passtest1

passtest1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hazard Perception Test:
    1. You will be shown 14 clips, of which there will be 15 hazards.
    2.Do not click the mouse repeatedly, as you will get zero score for that clip.
    3.You will be given a letter before you leave.

passtest1, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  4. Theorytest

Theorytest Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Please read this:

Although each clip contains several potential hazard only the one that materializes into a real hazard (one clip will have 2 hazards) and involves other road users is marked. This is known as a “developing hazard”. Therefore you will only receive a score if you spot a hazard before it fully materializes and is brought about by the action of another road user. In a few instances it is difficult to determine when a potential hazard becomes a developing hazard and therefore when the scoring window should start.

This is why it is safer to click a few times as you see a hazard develop to make sure you don’t click too early and miss the opening of this window.

Recognition of available clues and perception of danger are skills that are necessary in all drivers and riders, irrespective of the vehicle used. For this reason, the same version of the hazard perception test is used for all categories of test.
    Look for these hazards

* pedestrians or cyclists crossing the road
    * vehicles emerging from side roads, parking places or driveways
    * large vehicles moving over to your side of the road
    * meeting oncoming vehicles on narrow roads or where other obstructions or slow moving vehicles make the road narrow
    * loose pets and farmyard animals
    * changes in the traffic movement and volume
    * junctions and roundabouts
    * horse riders
    * weather conditions of the day
    * road surfaces
    * parked vehicles
    * hidden junctions & turns
    For other information visit: theory-test.co.uk/asp/hazard_perception_info.asp

hope this help

Theorytest, Apr 7, 2010 IP
  5. passtest1

passtest1 Peon

Best Answers:
    The clips feature various types of hazard, such as vehicles, pedestrians and road conditions. You should respond by pressing a mouse button as soon as you see a hazard developing that may result in the driver having to take some action, such as changing speed or direction. The earlier the developing hazard is spotted, and a response made, the higher the score.

Candidates can score up to five marks on each hazard and the test contains 15 scoreable hazards.
    You click either the left or right mouse button whenever you think you can see a hazard developing. The speed at which you click the mouse button as a hazard develops will determine your score for that particular hazard perception clips. You can score between 0 and 5 on each hazard.

The pass mark for this part of the test is 44 out of 75 (i.e. 15 hazard x 5) for car drivers and motorcycle riders.
    Those taking LGV or PCV (lorry or bus) tests must score at least 50 out of 75.

To learn hazard perception test: http://www.pass-test.co.uk/common/hazard_perception_test.aspx

passtest1, Jul 23, 2010 IP