1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone else got the email alert after withdrawal (Indian Paypal Users) ??

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by deluxdon, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostpoet

lostpoet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PayPal needs proper competition. Right now it's a choice between scum, greater scum and limited services like remittance.

Oh, and let's not forget the scammers.

lostpoet, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  2. waziuz

waziuz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Times of India's business newspaper economic times posted the news and said that new govt. regulations are supposedly the reasons for the paypal problem. Check out their article here

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...lts-payments-to-India/articleshow/5550148.cms

TOI is the biggest news agency in India and so they may be correct but they are also not sure it seems in the article.

waziuz, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  3. KyleWhitey

KyleWhitey Peon

Best Answers:
    paypal is always full of glitches

KyleWhitey, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  4. SEOhype

SEOhype Member

Best Answers:
    SEOhype, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  5. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:
    I do expect this issue to be sorted out soon. RBI for sure will fix this up and as far as Paypal is concerned they too have a reputation to maintain.

For the glitch (sender money reversed) that has happened I am not sure if it will ever be reverted (fixed). But yes I am sure that our withdrawal's (are safe) and the entire issue will be fixed very soon.

humm, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  6. waziuz

waziuz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Paypal wont do anything unethical and wont run away and it is for sure. It was a glitch but the way in which it was handled was surely unprofessional. But they are the most reputed payment processor in the world and an ebay company and wont dump anyone for sure. Nobody should be worried in that regard IMO. Ebay is also growing at a phenomenal pace in India and they wont leave their businesses in India as they have been even advertising ebay on TV channels in the last few months. It is a glitch and hope it gets resolved soon.

waziuz, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  7. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:
    I really don't think our reverted funds will ever come back.

A sends cash to B
    B makes a withdrawal or payment to someone else
    Paypal reverts B's original payment from A - Result; B in -ve balance

Now what I don't see is happening:
    Paypal again removing the money from A's account and sending it back to B.
    What if A's already enjoyed with the money? Paypal gonna pay from its pockets? - That never gonna happen.

-----------
    Share your thought's about the same. :)

humm, Feb 8, 2010 IP
    nihangshah likes this.
  8. anupam_luv

anupam_luv Peon

Best Answers:
    This story also tells the consequence and NOT the exact cause of the problem... the excertps says

"Paypal Monday did not cite a specific reason for the suspension apart from concerns raised by PayPal's "business partners and stakeholders". The company noted that commercial payments to merchants in India would continue as normal"

And their speculation is
    "The move is reportedly related to the Indian government's crackdown in November 2009 on international banking transactions, when it instituted new reporting and verification requirements on all banks and financial institutions to prevent international money laundering. "

So the exact cause is still unknown... untill and unless there's any official word from paypal... apart from askin for some more time to sort out the issue... so guys plz keep patience its midnight for us but its morning as well as 1st working day i.e. Monday for 'em ...

Well well well.... while writing this post I just recieved the mail from Text Link Ads ... they just re-issued the reversed payment to me and my paypal says

----------------------
    TLA Payment
    Note:
    Enclosed, please find the reissued payments from Text Link Ads which were reversed last week.
    -------------

May be the issue might have been resolved ny now (though not any word from paypal guys yet) but havin said tht ...
    without wasting any time im goin to withdraw the payments to my bank account... (crossin my fingers)

Bye... n plz keep postin about ur status whther ur payments r being re-issued (by ur service providers like TLA) or not...

anupam_luv, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  9. narayananblaze

narayananblaze Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is exactly what I wrote a few hours back in this thread. But, if paypal makes it, then they would gain their lost reputation from all Indians. Hope they make it.

narayananblaze, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  10. peepin2me

peepin2me Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I heard some of the ad networks have started reissuing payments that were reversed. So i think the issue with masspay has been sorted.

Personally I've had payment from TLA reissued about 5 minutes back with a note saying
    "Enclosed, please find the reissued payments from Text Link Ads which were reversed last week".

Being large clients of Paypal, ad networks are likely to have a dedicated relationship manager from paypal handling their accounts. I believe textlinkads would not take this step unless there has been a word from their paypal relationship manager that the issue is sorted (at least with masspay)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
    peepin2me, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  11. nirmala.prc

nirmala.prc Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mine too, just got one fund from TLA

hmm, but i am still waiting for my withdrawal.

nirmala.prc, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  12. narayananblaze

narayananblaze Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's a pleasant news in this early morning. But, I'm still on hold unless I see funds in my bank account. Don't know what's their idea regarding that.

narayananblaze, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  13. Manju99

Manju99 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes me too received two payments reissued from TLA and inlinks. Hope issue has been settled at their end :)

Manju99, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  14. webfighter

webfighter Peon

Best Answers:
    My payment got reversed even if it was from US account, i dont know what is going to happen, i have a negative balance now

webfighter, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  15. zymon_king

zymon_king Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I 've withdraw $$$ to my bank acount , but the money not yet credited , almost 10 days over,
    but my paypal status shows as completed , why paypal taken this action only for indians.

ANy one got the withdrawl payment after Jan 28 ?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
    zymon_king, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  16. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I usually plan things keeping a lot of leeway and my withdrawals dated 30th Jan had me planning for this fund to be used even as late as 10th without any problem.
    Now... it is appears I will be forced to default on my commitment and would have to request for more time! :mad:

The uncertainty of the whole episode is not helping the matter either! :(

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  17. webfighter

webfighter Peon

Best Answers:
    I have got the email sayign that they are having some problem and there will be a delay in bank transfer

webfighter, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  18. riamathews

riamathews Peon

Best Answers:
    TextLinkAds have reissued the payment, which was withdrawn to Indian Bank on 1rst. Now the Paypal Negative Balance is displaying "Zero" Balance. Where has the money gone????? Hope it is with India Paypal..

riamathews, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  19. Psych

Psych Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly my situation here. I was relaxed some days back as I was pretty much confident this will get resolved in 3-4 days But now its taken eternity and still no sign of a solution. Utility bills are pending, suppliers are asking for money... and paypal isn't helping the cause... I got around 15k blocked up in the transfer which I cant have...

Psych, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  20. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If u have withdrawn it and it says completed then u will be getting it soon currently its stuck somewhere between paypal and our banks

Bohra, Feb 8, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.