1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Your 10 best link building tips

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Torsten, Feb 4, 2010.

1. skoopo

skoopo Peon

Best Answers:
    10 Detailed Link building Tips

1. Website Content

Create a unique website by designed and content . Keep content limitation in tags like keywords , description and title inside html codding. Don't copy other text . Try to repeat targeted keywords in your pages text content, meta tags, title,image alt text, div classes name and images name start with keywords. Try to buy a domain that describe your business or services and also repeat keyword in subpages URL names . Build a proper navigation structure if your website is large try to build a xml and html sitemap in html sitemap only put 20 links a page. Try SEO Static URLs dynamic content is not good.

2. Reciprocal Linking & Link Exchange

Exchange link with same business website . Try to build a links page on your website to reciprocate with other websites .

While choosing a link partner keep following keys thing in mind.

Do search for your partner on google and check rather the page where your link will appear is indexed by google or not , Also check the page rank of that page. Check the number of links on that page that should ot be more than 30 links per page. Very important thing to check is rather the links page on partner website is links from home page or not.

3. One Way Link Building

Very Hard to get a one way link from same business website cus they most of time need there link also on your website link pages . Here we try free directories but not all directories are good for one way link keep following thing in mind while choosing a directory submission .

Directory should be unique and well organized
    hosted in unique IP or Dedicated ip
    directory age shld be older
    Index in google or yahoo
    Link per page no more than 30-40
    Atleast the target keyword is present in directory somewhere

Try business directories also and local directories

Use Proper anchor text while submitting your links its v important to improve target keywords.

4. Blogging and commenting on blog

Try to build blogs about your business or services on wordpress and blogspot or other available free blogging website and post once a week regularly choose proper tags and unique post content . Finally put your website links on side panel or in your posts . You may also install a blog script on your own website if its supported .
    Try to comment on same business and services blogs and put your link . Be careful while commenting on blog don't spam be concise and to the point otherwise don't post fake .

5. Forum And Forum commenting

You may also install a forum software like phpbb on your own domain and then build a community related to your business or services will help you alot in getting traffic then put a main domain banner on top and in posts etc clearly highlight your goal and target for such forums.
    Try to comment on forums and put links in signatures make sure that forums are do follow . Once again post or reply good to other threats don't spam and put link in signature .

6. Article Writing

Article writing is lill hard but effective most of article directories and website allow you to post your website links in between your article content or in article signature .

7. Social Book Marking

Social Book marking is gud if your website is new and you want it to index in search engines quickly . But keep it repeating with sub pages even .

8. Social Media Marketing

Social media marketing is time taking but once you get a place in market you will definitely get huge traffic . Today most recommended SMM website twitter and face book can hello you alot in getting thousands of hits .

9. Tracking SEO progress

Tracking SEO improvement and getting information about your website visitors is means alot to you . Try to monitor your website and keep eye on incoming visitors where they come from , which keyword they use while searching, and which referrer they use.

Best tools is google webmaster account that will give you alot of information's about your website try it out .

Try other SEO kinda tools as well like back links checker , Back link searcher, Web site broken link finder, W3c validation, and keyword position checker etc.

10. Final juicy Tips

Links from .edu no commercial website are highly recommended grab them by searching .

Keep refreshing your website content once a week or within a month time frame in some cases .

RRS Feed cool try them out burn to feed readers .

Avoid Black Hat SEO practices

Avoid flashy content CCS style websites work well web 2.0 cool .

Happy SEO :D

skoopo, Feb 6, 2010 IP
    Torsten likes this.
  2. Torsten

Torsten Peon

Best Answers:
    I actually noticed that people do link to pages or the site, if they find it useful. This is however a slow process.And not all are that honest, if they've copied my content.
    Ive got a directory, with an article submission function. article writing maybe worthwhile a debate on its own. Social bookmarking would be article writing in small as well.

I haven't experimented with Videos until now. It sounds a bit time consuming - I may consider this at a later stage.

That's something I need to try out. I'm not sure how hubpages should work, because I don't see links to sites on articles there.

Isn't that a NOFOLLOW issues as well. From those you mentioned only propeller seems to have DOFOLLOW on.The other problem that I see with s. bookmarking is the fact that you share the site with millions of other links.

OK, I don't throw this away either, but again one shares the site with thousands or millions of other links.

That's a NOFOLLOW issue as well. Perhaps one should change ones names to a profitable keyword :D

I'd add that one can create ones own blogs and use them for announcements. Of course these blogs do need SEO on their own.

... I never bought a link, but get approached for links. I agree that this might be usefull still.

... This maybe worn off, but I still think being listed in directories is helpful. With that method I can get PR3 for a site. However one should be selective with that as well.

I still consider this a valid method - depending on the directory of course.

... I would still consider this as an add on.

Anything forgotten?
    RSS feeds perhaps? And sites that have membership allowing you to place a link to your blog/homepage.

Has anyone experiences with sites like facebook?

Torsten, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  3. PaulCpR

PaulCpR Active Member

Best Answers:
    For those of you mentioning DMOZ ... have you been able to get one of your sites listed there since 2005? I have tried several times with very decent sites but it seems that unless I have something to blackmail the Editors with ... I have no chance in hell of getting listed there lol (I was kidding about the blackmailing thing) .....

BTW blackmailing could be used as a fake way to generate buzz and bait some links lol...jk

PaulCpR, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  4. royen

royen Peon

Best Answers:
    Several months or years ago I thought I viewed the source of one of my articles at Ezine and I found out my links were nofollow. I checked one of my article again just now and there was no nofollow. I wonder if there had been a change in policy or I'm just confusing Ezine with other sites?

royen, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  5. dfeer

dfeer Peon

Best Answers:
    Dmoz/Yahoo directory.
    Niche related sites (linkexchange)
    High pr directories
    Blog posting as well commenting on related blogs
    Article submission and commenting o
    Social networks (Linkedin, Twitter, Google

dfeer, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  6. Torsten

Torsten Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you have any recent experiences with DMOZ or google directory?

And how is Twitter going to help with link building?

Torsten, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  7. frenchmen77

frenchmen77 Peon

Best Answers:
    I usually put a link in my sig if I can, but how effective do you think it is these days?

frenchmen77, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  8. justbartlett

justbartlett Peon

Best Answers:
    Take a look into Comment Luv and Most Commentator plugin for do follow blogs :D

justbartlett, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  9. sunny.suresh007

sunny.suresh007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    MarkAse is right, that's a Great Link Building Tips for a website.

sunny.suresh007, Feb 7, 2010 IP
  10. scheng1

scheng1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer blog commenting, since I can get links to each and every blog post instead of the homepage. I dont really find bookmarking effective, in term of traffic and links.
    Forum is good for linking to homepage.

scheng1, Feb 7, 2010 IP
  11. Torsten

Torsten Peon

Best Answers:
    .... But it is;) - Just consider that you sometimes need a boost by being "dugged" "propped" or so.

What do you guys think about building links to pages that link to your site?

Torsten, Feb 7, 2010 IP
  12. ska_defender

ska_defender Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can any one tell me what is Podcast?

ska_defender, Feb 7, 2010 IP
  13. Torsten

Torsten Peon

Best Answers:
    That's something with audio (or video) sources. The techique this refers to is a bit like RSS feeds.

Torsten, Feb 7, 2010 IP
  14. gford

gford Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't believe no one mentioned ReceiveLinks.com as one of their top 10 link building tools of the trade. If you are not using it, its a big mistake. Also linkvault.com but its so similar to receivelinks.com and I prefer receivelinks with its better support and features.

If you haven't added this to your arsenal, its a huge mistake. free service and great way to get one way links.

Read their FAQ for more info: http://www.receivelinks.com/faq.php

gford, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  15. essadik34

essadik34 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks all for the informations

essadik34, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  16. Jaisn911

Jaisn911 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can participate in forums, the signature really helps, it's an easy way to build the backlinks.

Jaisn911, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  17. tomy_gun

tomy_gun Peon

Best Answers:
    Article Marketing
    Blogging ( free blogs, paid blog, personal blogs)
    Squidoo
    Hubpages
    press Release
    Guest Posts
    Social Bookmarking
    Question and Answers websites
    Online Education Wikis
    Social Media via Quality Content

tomy_gun, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  18. delmoon01

delmoon01 Member

Best Answers:
    Link creation shall be Varied, Genuine, Creative.

Articles,
    Q & A Sites (Not much for LINK BUT FOR DRIVING TRAFFIC)
    Forums
    Press Releases
    Blogs Commenting
    Social Media Optimization
    Directories

AND

Try to publish your material in respectable media. One link from there will be precious. That needs building trust, finding places, doing research and then putting up content in some reputable web site, news paper, technology site, etc ...

delmoon01, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  19. Torsten

Torsten Peon

Best Answers:
    Please explain those two points!

Torsten, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  20. delmoon01

delmoon01 Member

Best Answers:
    Q & A means question answer sites such as yahoo answers.

social media optimization means retaining and engaging your existing customers through the use of social media such as facebook and twitter. many big companies are following this strategy.

delmoon01, Feb 9, 2010 IP