1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Filefactory rarely delete files due to DMCA? And other Pons and Cons

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by bingo1, Feb 6, 2010.

Allow me to start this thread with the above mentioned topic.
    I came across quite a few forums/bolgs where all other files hostings were deleted due to DMCA claim but so far under the SAME forums, filefactory still survive.

Could anyone confirm my findings?

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
    bingo1, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  2. freecbc3

freecbc3 Peon

Best Answers:
    dude all file hosting will delete file s if the owner report the file

freecbc3, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  3. bingo1

bingo1 Peon

Best Answers:
    yo read my msg carefully b4 reply

bingo1, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  4. ackt

ackt Peon

Best Answers:
    yup ... i noticed that with file-rack and x7.to as well
    but even if they ignore DMCA notices ... their datacentres will shut them down sooner or later

ackt, Feb 7, 2010 IP
  5. bingo1

bingo1 Peon

Best Answers:
    One interesting site i notice was piratebay, the host really fxxk those DMCA notice and posted their reply on the site. They claimed they are fr sweden. And sweden do not have copyright regulations??? which im not so sure about it.

bingo1, Feb 7, 2010 IP
  6. ackt

ackt Peon

Best Answers:
    that's because their servers may not be in sweden now .. nobody knows where they are

ackt, Feb 7, 2010 IP
  7. happpy

happpy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    piratebay got shut down/sold as well... their "coolness" is history.
    get a life... re-uploading is the only way atm

happpy, Feb 7, 2010 IP
  8. aint.it.johnny

aint.it.johnny Peon

Best Answers:
    Filefactory hosts in the EU and the USA and is therefore bond by DMCA or other agreements. However since filefactory offers crappy service and crappy speed it could be that copyright agencies focus their attention on services that are more in the focus of premium user and generally more known. The fact that in a board posting hoster A, B, and C are down cos of DMCA doen't mean the agencies had mercy with hoster D but it could mean that the poster spread the links of A,B,C someplace were the got busted but links to C wasn't in thos post.
    As for x7.to and other shaddy services - don't even get me started they are located in germany but have their imprint in changing places. Since they don't give a hoot 'bot costumers maybe the think the imprint will protect em or the one-men-show is a bit on the slow side when it come to delecting.
    Bottom line is every major OCH is legally bond to delect illegal stuff upon request and if the don't complai the gonna get screwd.

None the less some hoster accept compaints that are maybe not so legit and others do a bit more proving the DMCA-compaint and may even refuse some on the base that the have some mistakes in it. But thats all there is.

aint.it.johnny, Feb 10, 2010 IP