1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why share Adsense secrets?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by tbarr60, Apr 3, 2005.

I have been using Adsense for almost two years and have stumble across some great keywords and effective techniques. My first urge is to joyously share my findings but if I blurted out "I just had a click that payed $xx.xx" or "I buy trafffic from Acme Traffic Generators and I get triple my expenditure back in Adsense" I'd be calling for competition on that keyword or in bidding for that traffic. There is of course no problem with sharing great tools or forums but there are some things in the competitive advatage category that I would hesitate to share.

Would it ever make sense to share or sell my best Adsense secrets?

tbarr60, Apr 3, 2005 IP
  2. mkeen

mkeen Peon

Best Answers:
    No dont give out your secrets (unless your giving them to me) remember everyone else here has things they wont share.

Unless you can generate more money by selling these secrets than you can by using them yourself then it would not make sense to sell them either.

If you found something that works, milk it untill it doesnt work anymore.
    Once it stops working then you can tell everyone about it :p

mkeen, Apr 3, 2005 IP
  3. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I have a secret, there are guys using PPC to drive traffic to their affiliate linked landing pages. :p :eek: :p

anthonycea, Apr 3, 2005 IP
  4. my3cents

my3cents Peon

Best Answers:
    The same rule applies to any business. Trade secrets are not openly shared with competitors for a reason. And in forums like these, most everyone is a potential competitor.

But I think offering general advice to help along the rookies in regards to ad placement and such is okay to share. The general rule I thumb I see is if you can find it buried in these forums, it is harmless to share since they will end up finding it most likely anyway.

my3cents, Apr 3, 2005 IP
  5. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have a day job in a big company. Like all big companies, they employee too many people, hire too many consultants, and spend a lot of mony for products that you can get for free or cheap (why use phpNuke when there are perfectly good $700,000 content management systems out there that require less than $1,400,000 in consulting to get it set up).

Here's my secret: I have a space in my day planner designated TIH. I write down things I hate and then at night I investigate the potential for a content site. If a sales guy comes in selling Customer Biorythm Osilloscopes as a "great value for the price", I'd write down CBO and check things our with Overtures bid tool. By the way, I hate stupid ringtones.

I hate seeing people pay $1 for a bottle of water while the same machine will give you a can of water with bubbles, flavor, a brown color, and some caffiene for $0.55. I think I have a new secret site topic....

tbarr60, Apr 3, 2005 IP
  6. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    Make it worth your while to do so by creating a simple website with your tips and tricks (with sponsor ads, of course) or write a short book on the topic.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Apr 3, 2005 IP
  7. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I do this on my blog. Again I dont give out "secret" secrets yet I simply expose things that are common sense and usually mentioned somewhere in a forum ;)

Slap some Adsense or CPM ads considering your traffic and bam... it's worth your while.

GeorgeB., Apr 3, 2005 IP
  8. vord

vord Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe I'm too open. I try to make most of my secrets open source and available on the web. Mind you, the moment I do it they stop being secret and just turn into boring old ideas and information.

I earn money by being a consultant in my spare time. :)

Maybe I should do an e-book: The secret of how to make a living in your spare time thus freeing off the rest of the day to do more productive stuff.

vord, Apr 3, 2005 IP
  9. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Because there really are no secrets, do a search on Google on these keywords and you will find that out!

Google Adsense Tips

Adsense secrets

Adwords Tips Secrets

You can get more "secrets" than you could ever use for free right now, go put in the time if you want "secrets" :eek:

anthonycea, Apr 3, 2005 IP
  10. Olney

Olney Berserker

Best Answers:
    I'll give you a secret
    Straight out the box most SEO techniques don't work in Japanese.
    Especially Page Rank....

But we've gootten a good grasp on combining the best of both worlds

AS WE LIKE GODZILLA CONQUOR JAPAN!!!

Olney, Apr 3, 2005 IP
  11. Chiara

Chiara Peon

Best Answers:
    I hate seeing people pay $1 for a bottle of water while the same machine will give you a can of water with bubbles, flavor, a brown color, and some caffiene for $0.55. I think I have a new secret site topic....

I hate seeing people pay 0.55 for a life-killing, soul-killing chemical mess of refined sugar and artificial coloring when for .45 more they could have pure, health-giving water.

Chiara, Apr 3, 2005 IP
  12. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Well, it's not like it's a dog eat dog world. Why share share? The bigger picture is it's all about information and processing it.

If you stack 2 identically ranked websites side by side...they are both running AdSense, it is the webmaster's discretionary techniques that make the differerence. There are thousands of free Adsense help sites out there that 'share secrets' (the book is $89 usd).

I think the question is already answered...click my sig. You'll see that I try to keep these 'secrets' for you in one place....that's no secret ;)

Live long and be prosperious :)

Homer, Apr 3, 2005 IP
  13. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Late at night when my eyelids are drooping, I throwback a liter of Diet Coke and my life is restored. I read the obituaries and have yet to see Cherry Coke as cause of death.

I gotta start selling bottled air. And I gotta remember to put French writing on it to fool the maximum dollars out of the fools...i mean customers.

tbarr60, Apr 3, 2005 IP
  14. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    mmmmm...

Dr. Pepper

</homer off>

GTech, Apr 3, 2005 IP
    danzor likes this.
  15. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:

Did I miss something...not sure I follow :confused:

Homer, Apr 3, 2005 IP
  16. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    homer simpson, not homer you :)

the comment was meant to be said in homer simpson voice

wendydettmer, Apr 3, 2005 IP
    danzor likes this.
  17. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:

AHHHH...thanks Wendy...been a LONG day :)

-Homer Simpson-

Homer, Apr 3, 2005 IP
    danzor likes this.
  18. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    my pleasure :)

and as my two cents. i love both water and soda, and will buy both out of a machine. for whatever that's worth lol

wendydettmer, Apr 3, 2005 IP
  19. FTEGal

FTEGal Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a hard time spending $1.00 for a bottle of water when i can get it for free at home from my faucet. I have well water.

Plus I'm adicted to pepsi.

FTEGal, Apr 3, 2005 IP
  20. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Strict business sense, probably not.

But hell, there is more to life than the bottom line.

I know that (at least) two of my competitors read the FAQ.

I also know that the real secret to winning the SEO game is to create more content.

Will.Spencer, Apr 3, 2005 IP