1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directory Owners: Give attention to your Approval templates

Discussion in 'Directories' started by humm, Feb 5, 2010.

Hello Fellow Directory Owners & Friends,

Guys I would like to share my experience based on Email Template Notifications.

This advice is for purely those who run paid directories.

Always enabled submission approval template.

Keep the submission approval subject appt and something that will force the receiver to click on it.

Your approval template must have meaningful content.

Go include links of your other 'QUALITY' directories. (no crap please)

Don't spam your template content with more than 3-4 url's maximum.

Never include your crap or not-working url/portal or offers in your template content.

Offer your support email id or telephone number in your approval template.

Remember its your template content must be as less as it can, its not a place to spam your affiliate url, your seo services, your company services and what you had for lunch or dinner.

Never enable Received notification, payment received notification & approval notification all together. Its a crime to send more than 1 email about a submission to your submitter.

Always check and think 10 times before making your template content. Don't copy paste someone else's content or use the default content provided by phpld.

Include a coupon code for the submitter for his new submissions.

Lastly, thank your submitter for considering your directory.

Most important: Your template content must give a feel that its a personal email to the submitter & 'NEVER' use info@yourdirectory or notification@yourdirectory.

The email extension that the client has received notifications from must be something like ownersname@yourdirectory or support@yourdirectory or editorname@yourdirectory ; this helps in giving a feel to the submitter that he can reply back the email notification.

--------

Result??

In my 4-5 yrs experience of running directories, I have clients who have become regular submitters. Client also submit to the 'quality' directories you mention in your template content. Clients do contact you for support/discounts/bulk submissions.

New clients do thank you for the notifications. Some email back asking for coupon code validity and more.

---------------------

Hope it helps. :)

humm, Feb 5, 2010 IP
    Ibn Juferi likes this.
  2. alistair80

alistair80 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your input, humm. Whatever has been suggested in your post is what I have been doing since my directory was launched. I do not place links to any other directories (probably will when a niche directory I am working on goes live) in my emails let alone affiliate links. The entire content of the email has been customized and never have had any issue yet:), but I do see where you're coming from(...)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
    alistair80, Feb 5, 2010 IP
    Ibn Juferi likes this.
  3. hotftuna

hotftuna Active Member

Best Answers:
    "In my 4-5 yrs experience of running directories, I have clients who have become regular submitters."

That is the way to make money with directories!

1) Fast reviews & listing brings repeat business.
    2) Use your email templates efectively to suggest other quality directories (that you own).

Two of the most important elements IMHO.

hotftuna, Feb 5, 2010 IP
    Ibn Juferi likes this.
  4. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In my 50 years of running a web directory, I, will I use the email thank you template, seem to work and professional. Thank you for the heads up.

wwws, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  5. choice

choice Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    email temps are my next step as soon as i finish the upgrade to version 4 of phpld

choice, Feb 5, 2010 IP
    Ibn Juferi likes this.
  6. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    damn rookies

CReed, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  7. wa2nlinux

wa2nlinux Peon

Best Answers:
    nice share :D, still try to run a new dir here :D. Thanks

wa2nlinux, Feb 7, 2010 IP