1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

hubpages. Squidoo

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by allwayslearning, Feb 4, 2010.

I am using Squidoo and hubpages. Squidoo is great but hupages it too cumbersome so I want recommendations for something like squidoo to replace hubpages

allwayslearning, Feb 4, 2010 IP
    abstroose likes this.
  2. KHonline

KHonline Peon

Best Answers:
    What about xomba.com? I haven't used them in a while but it was a good site.

KHonline, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  3. stephen082

stephen082 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Squidoo and Hubpages, both are good and authority Web2.0 sites. While with Squidoo you can add a dofollow link, hubpages have different strategy on Do follow links (Links will be Dofollow only if Hub Score will be greater than 75).

stephen082, Feb 5, 2010 IP
    abstroose likes this.
  4. scheng1

scheng1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hubpages is great for commenting. I use name/url method to comment on the different hubs in order to get backlinks.

scheng1, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  5. ZBastian08

ZBastian08 Peon

Best Answers:
    both are great though i still prepared squid... =)

ZBastian08, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  6. abstroose

abstroose Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've just posted a huge list of alternatives, see the thread here.

abstroose, Feb 5, 2010 IP
    stephen082 likes this.
  7. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree that hubpages can be a bit of a pain sometimes with their rules... but I do find sometimes my hubpages seem to rank easier than my squidoos.

Zibblu, Feb 5, 2010 IP
    abstroose likes this.
  8. PRGuy

PRGuy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hubpages are great. To a certain extend squidoo also good. But my favorites are xomba, vox and tumblr.

PRGuy, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  9. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Interesting. I've never really used xomba, vox, or tumblr. I'll definitely check them out!

Zibblu, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  10. badar1653

badar1653 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Both are great for quality link building and traffic.

badar1653, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  11. jj1

jj1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    xomba seems nofollow when useing firefox addon!!

jj1, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  12. Lukas Jackson

Lukas Jackson Peon

Best Answers:
    If u use any of them. It will boost your search engine rank since these 2 are the most web 2.0 being used today and has high rank.

Lukas Jackson, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  13. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    do you sometimes feel like i'll post my articles in my blog instead to hubpages?

etc, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  14. lyechin2002

lyechin2002 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't try for the hubpage and squiddo

lyechin2002, Feb 7, 2010 IP
  15. samdar

samdar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Even Squidoo sucks some times :)
    My squidoo lens was terminated immediately after I changed my payment option from charity to my paypal. The lens was live for 1 year and donated great amount to charity. Now just after turning that to my paypal, they closed my lens.

Basically we can try them, however they can terminate any time :)

samdar, Feb 7, 2010 IP
  16. justbartlett

justbartlett Peon

Best Answers:
    I use web 2.0 authority sites simply for building backlinks, but they're pretty much useless unless you build backlinks to them as well..

justbartlett, Feb 7, 2010 IP
  17. aforlan

aforlan Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer hubpages and make more money

aforlan, Feb 18, 2010 IP
  18. Dan Bainbridge

Dan Bainbridge Active Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with hubpages being a bit cumbersome - they only allow 2 external links (I think) and all the content has to be 100% unique, not to mention that you have to have a "score" above 75 before they giev you DOfollow links - all reasons not to use them. You definitely can't do as much with hubpages as you can with squidoo (I love squidoo :), but here is a bigger list of web2.0 sites I put together for our affiliates recently:

• Squidoo: Squidoo : Welcome to Squidoo - Our recommendation - a simple article based system yet quite profound in the different things you can do. Page rank 8
    • Weebly: Weebly - Create a free website and a free blog - "Create a simple website or blog within minutes". Page rank 8
    • Ning: Ning | Create and discover Ning Social Networks for your interests and passions. - growing in popularity with simple features and a social / sharing element. Page rank 8
    • Live Journal: LiveJournal.com - Start a Free Blog / Journal Today - a combination of a private journal, a blog, a discussion forum and a social network. Page rank 8
    • Hubpages: HubPages - Another well rated Web 2.0 site, but quite strict in the number out outgoing links you can use, and needs to be 100% unique content.
    • Self Growth: Self Improvement from SelfGrowth.com -You can create a profile for you / your website here and establish yourself as an expert
    • Tumblr: Tumblr - a blogging / article / information sharing hybrid. Recommended. Page rank 7
    • MyBlogLog: MyBlogLog - A blogging platform powered by Yahoo (Yahoo's answer to Blogspot?). Page rank 7
    • Knol: Knol - a unit of knowledge: share what you know, publish your expertise. - owned by google - write informational articles and "share what you know". Page rank 7
    • 43 Things: List your goals on 43 Things - make a list of "43 things you want to achieve" - good for goal setting and personal development. Page rank 7
    • Vox: Free Blogs, Blog Hosting & Photo Sharing at Vox.com - another well made blogging platform.. "everything you want in a blog". Page rank 7
    • Now Public: NowPublic.com | The News is NowPublic - a user generated NEWS site. Good for informational / news based articles. Page rank 7
    • Zimbio: Zimbio - Interactive Magazine - another popular and well ranked blog / article hybrid. Page rank 6
    • Gather: Make Money Writing Online | Gather - presents itself as a social networking site but it is more of a "share your articles" site. Page rank 6
    • Advogato: Advogato - A simple article blogging / publishing site with social elements. Page rank 6

Dan Bainbridge, Feb 18, 2010 IP
  19. dreamview

dreamview Peon

Best Answers:
    both have their own value. i work with both.

dreamview, Feb 18, 2010 IP
  20. pplomo

pplomo Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post and a good list of web 2.0 sites! I will try to work at each of them! Thanks!

pplomo, Feb 18, 2010 IP