1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best SEO ready Wordpress theme!

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by mike4uuu, Feb 3, 2010.

Can somebody tell me which wordpress theme is the best for SEO!

mike4uuu, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  2. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    Themes have little to nothing to do with SEO, it's all about how you present your content.

Pixelrage, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  3. jamshed_11946

jamshed_11946 Peon

Best Answers:
  4. ms.g

ms.g Peon

Best Answers:
    Agree with markn26, it's not in the theme, it's in your content. Wordpress is already SEO friendly and google crawls new WP installs fast. The next thing you should do is create more contents for your site and you're good :)

ms.g, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  5. Natali57

Natali57 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have just read another post someone wrote on here about Thesis Wordpress theme.

Reckon it boosted SEO however never tried it so not sure.

Natali57, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  6. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    Thesis is a very scalable theme that you can customize easily. Nothing "boosts" SEO-- only content, internal linking, backlinks and proper use of page titles.

Pixelrage, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  7. coolfriend

coolfriend Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi friends,

I would disagree a little with you all. The theme does have something to do with your seo also (even if its a smallest fraction) - surprised? I will explain.

When a robot comes to your page to crawl your data, if you use a 3 column theme with sidebars on either side, it normally loads left sidebar , post content and then the right sidebar. As sidebars dont change much, a robot will see almost the same content loaded first on every page. I dont think its great for your SEO efforts.

Yes, you can come over this by changing your theme code , setting it to load your content part first, den the left sidebar and then the right sidebar , as i have done in my blog TBTG so that robots see variety content for differnt pages at first wen a page is loaded.

As none seems to do this tweak, people suggest to avoid 3 column themes with left and right sidebars and recommend themes with the content portion on the far left side so that normally it will load first on the page.

What do you think now? So the theme does have an effect on how spiders find your content, which content they find first etc - so we cant say a theme has nothing to do with SEO - Can we?

Share your thoughts on this plz

GeorgyN

coolfriend, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  8. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nigel Lew, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  9. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't think left, right sidebars is enough of an issue to avoid a theme because of SEO concerns. Your main focus is the new content anyway which you will tag, bookmark and SEO individually anyway.

True enough, a poorly coded theme will inhibit proper crawling, which is why I stay away from a lot of free themes, they are normally just a platform for the designers links, not some good samaritan giving away free resources..although some designers have a certain amount of free themes available as a loss leader to hopefully entice you to purchase a premium theme from them in the future.

Just make sure the theme you are using is not littered with code errors and focus mainly on providing useful content, on page SEO, off page SEO and promoting to grow visitors.

It also depends on the purpose of the site. If you are blogging for adsense or some other affiliate purpose then, you may micro manage every aspect of the blog to try and get a leg up, but a theme alone will not make a successful blog no matter where the side bars are.

Most people care about the presentation first and user experience. If that means I need a sidebar on the left, then that's what I'm going to do.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
    hmansfield, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  10. twistedspikes

twistedspikes Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Themes, assuming they have been coded to comply with HTML/CSS/Accessibility standards, should not affect SEO in any way.

Generally all Wordpress themes are good for SEO. Especially after installing a few good SEO plugins.

twistedspikes, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  11. Emperor_Knight

Emperor_Knight Peon

Best Answers:
    You just need to install seo plugin to your wordpress

Emperor_Knight, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  12. coolfriend

coolfriend Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't give much importance to theme - it should be good looking and easy to navigate - thats all

For SEO, I would suggest you do other tricks like installing All in One SEO plugin, submit to directories and get related links to your page.

coolfriend, Feb 7, 2010 IP
  13. Digital_Gary

Digital_Gary Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd just instal the plugin seo for wordpress. It works quite well for me in conjunction with the themes from freshsites

Digital_Gary, Feb 7, 2010 IP
  14. hishaman

hishaman Peon

Best Answers:
    I have tried Thesis on more than one blog, and so many of my friends bloggers are using it as well and they feel great with it's options!

I am 100 sure that Wordpress + a good Theme will guarantee 95% of SEO of your blog automatically, and you have to do the rest 5% to boost your blog to the top, and this need some hard work from you!

There is a nice post here talking about if your blog Theme help you to get indexed faster, the good part is on the comments on this post. I think you should read: How fast a new post get indexed with Thesis Theme

And this links has a great post that will tell you what exactly you need to make your blog SEO friendly: How to make your blog SEO Friendly

Read these two posts to learn more about Thesis, Themes and SEO, then If you found these features in any other Theme then it's your lucky day! just go for it, although I recommend you go with Thesis as it will help you to remove some unnecessary plugins to speed up your blog performance.

hishaman, Feb 8, 2010 IP