1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Important Information for Indian PayPal Account Holders

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by Rohit patel, Feb 4, 2010.

Well since last 2 days many Indian Account Holders are very tense because of PayPal's unproffesional move in terms of reversing money to buyers account. Here is PayPal's advisory notes which may clear your doubts.

• India customers are no longer able to see the option to send a Personal payment on the Send Money page.
    • They can continue to use other payment options, such as eBay checkout.
    • Although India customers are unable to send Personal payments, they are still receiving Personal payments from Non India customers.
    • In order to stop ALL Personal payments TO and FROM India accounts, we have started reversing Personal payments sent by Non India customers starting today. (the only exception will be in cases where the buyer has included a shipping address – we don’t want to delay any shipment of goods)
    • We are also in the process of implementing a change on the website to automatically stop the payment from processing, rather than waiting to reverse the payment. We will send you additional updates as soon as we have more details.
    • The Personal payment option on the International Send Money page has been updated and India has been removed from the ‘select a country’ drop down list.

Source: http://www.binaryturf.com/advisory-paypal-reverses-personal-payments-indian-accounts/

On Reversal :

• PayPal only reversing money which occur from Feb 1,2010.
    • They reversing all transition which made as Personal Option, Gift, Other/Service option without Shipping Address as well as Subject notes!

I wish this information might help to people to understand this condition.

I will advice don't be panic now, as now everything ok to do business from today itself, they only reversing money which transfer from Fab 1 to Fab 4.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
    Rohit patel, Feb 4, 2010 IP
    simplyjo, gauravgrt and sawz like this.
  2. myst729

myst729 Peon

Best Answers:
    so basically thing's the same after Feb 4?

myst729, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  3. dhpd22

dhpd22 Peon

Best Answers:
    dude it is not yet stopped. Today morning while checking mails I found two of my payments of 3rd FEB got reversed to my buyers. :(

dhpd22, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  4. Rohit patel

Rohit patel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well If you read thread carefully I already mention dates from Feb 1 to Feb 4.

Yes now you do business without any problems.:)

5. katrina47

katrina47 Active Member

Best Answers:
    payment of 4th feb. reversed to buyer today

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
    katrina47, Feb 4, 2010 IP
    Rohit patel likes this.
  6. adithya

adithya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hang on ..
    People are still saying that they are unable to send/receive payments except sent via goods options ..
    Its Feb 5 th today .. so how can you say that its normal after Feb 4th ..
    The thing is still we are unable to send/receive payment sent via service option .. this includes invoices,mass payments etc

adithya, Feb 4, 2010 IP
    Rohit patel likes this.
  7. dhpd22

dhpd22 Peon

Best Answers:

yes I read that.. and are you 100% sure that now today onwards we ll not get reversed the payments we get from buyers.. lol I have stopped doing business.

dhpd22, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  8. Rohit patel

Best Answers:
    When you use Service option, make sure buyer mention Address as well as Subject notes to avoid problems, they are still working on their crap system but now PayPal don't allow abuse their system. Also kindly note that PayPal themselves mention:

Although India customers are unable to send Personal payments, they are still receiving Personal payments from Non India customers.

9. gauravgrt

gauravgrt Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice find mate, this is information is vital very useful. However, there isn't any clarities from paypal yet.

gauravgrt, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  10. Rohit patel

Best Answers:
    I advice you to do your business without any problems, I already got two payments today without any problems. They also mention that "are also in the process of implementing a change on the website to automatically stop the payment from processing" so I am sure they did work for us to avoid reversal problems!

11. dhpd22

dhpd22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes you are right. I have called paypal 5 times and they said that:-

1. They don't allow personal payments to and form Indian accounts
    2. They ll revers all payments sent OTHER THAN Goods and shipping address even we sale them intelligible or digital products.

So basically they want to track things and they want our buyers to provide full shipping address and the only way to get funds is select Goods while making it.

hope it helps.

dhpd22, Feb 4, 2010 IP
    Rohit patel likes this.
  12. syed156

syed156 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi There

What about the amount we have withdrawn from our paypal account to our bank account. On 1st of Feb i have withdrawn some amount which have to be credited yesterday but there is no update nor the amount credited to my bank account. Help me or any suggestion on this to resolve this issue.

Syed

syed156, Feb 4, 2010 IP
    Rohit patel likes this.
  13. dhpd22

dhpd22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Dude god knows that when suddenly you get those amounts reversed.. I hope they won't but my 3 payments got reversed and they were made 2 days ago.

as Aditya told that now no one can send money without selecting Goods so I hope they have implemented something on their website.

dhpd22, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  14. dhpd22

dhpd22 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes I have also asked them about it and they said that they shorted this thing out and we ll get our payments within 8-10 days (excluding holidays) after requesting withdrawal

dhpd22, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  15. adithya

adithya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well if in that case, there is a HUGE reason to worry
    Why ..?
    1.What about our payments from ad publishers,affiliates.. They do issue via mass payments and they will not have any address,subject note etc
    2. What about invoice payments like web hosting. They all fall under service category and they wont have any address
    3.It will be a heaven for scammers.. they will simply say that they dont have received Goods in their address and there you go case closed ..

adithya, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  16. Rohit patel

Best Answers:
    Well as from some source on DP, PayPal didn't submitted required documents to RBI office which they asked so RBI denied them to use NEFT system until they add it but few people are reporting that funds transfered to account so within next 2-3 days all pending withdrawal will be clear excluding Sunday!

17. syed156

syed156 Peon

Best Answers:

So that mean we an get the amount which we have transferred from Feb 1st to 4th ? One more thing i want to ask you is that how did you got this information as Paypal is yet to come out officially on this issue.

syed156, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  18. dhpd22

dhpd22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep I agree with all of your points but I don't think they won't allow payments as services/other. As I talked to them they said Right Now they suggest to use Goods while accepting funds (that means they have fault in their system). so they suggested to avoid reversals till they get it solved just use Goods while accepting money.

dhpd22, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  19. pown

pown Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well dude, the problem am facing. .

The same as reversed payment, and i withdrawn $400 on jan27, I didn't get my money, I called bank department, There is no problem over there. . In paypal also progress got completed. one of my friend is also facing the same problem. .

Have any solution for this?? And please let me know who are all facing the same problem ??

Thanks

pown, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  20. Rohit patel

Best Answers:
    Well here is answer for you.

1. As from salaxzar, PayPal did reversed those funds by mistake and it will reissue once again to our accounts. He asked it to PayPal. Also I guess PayPal surly now ask to merchants to add Address of their company.
    2. PayPal needs to clarify these things. They are using double standard for us.:(
    3. I completely agree as we can't do anything.