1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Comment Script on HTML!! HELPPPPPPPPPP!!

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by iComunik, Jun 3, 2007.

Hi guys,

I need someone's help because i failed to find anything related to that on Google.

Unfortunately I can't learn PHP or ASP, the language I use is the old HTML. My problem is finding a way to build a Comment system on a HTML page like the ones you see on PHP.

I am pretty sure it is possible because i have seen such thing. What basically I need is after the HTML content (text article) the users can add their comments to the same HTML page.

But I don't know how to do it. If someone can point a site or tutorial will be of a great help. Maybe i should ad a iframe with PHP on it???

Thanks

iComunik, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  2. Jem

Jem Peon

Best Answers:
    I have never heard of someone doing this with just HTML. There is always some sort of interaction with a server side language such as PHP to be able to process and store the comments.

Why can't you learn PHP or ASP? Too lazy or not enough time, etc?

Jem, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  3. Mooseman

Mooseman Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think theres any possibility to do it in only html at all. You have to learn PHP or something. But you know, there's many free scripts out there.
    http://www.hotscripts.com/
    Try that one and maybe you'll find something. You don't have to be an expert on PHP or any other language if you find a good free script.

Mooseman, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  4. diarmuid

diarmuid Peon

Best Answers:
    If you pop into w3schools.com, I am sure you will be able to learn PHP easily, it is one of the easiest programming languages to learn, in my opinion. Spend a couple of hours flicking through the site and you shouldn't have any problems. If you do have a free script, then should you have any problems with the script, most PHP errors will be quire easy to fix, due to php informing you where the errors are.

Hope you are able to sort it out.

diarmuid, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  5. ships-cat

ships-cat Peon

Best Answers:
    It can't be done with HTML - you need server-side scripts (ASP, PHP etc) AND a database.

HOWEVER,

There are several websites that allow you to embed 'comment book' type things into YOUR website. Their website takes care of the all database etc stuff, you merely paste a link to their site. (or perhaps an HTML form - either way, they will give you HTML samples for you to cut/paste into your website.

try looking at www(dot)arrowgroup(dot)co(dot)uk - at the bottom of the page, right hand side, is an example of what I mean.

Hope this helps.

Meow Purr.

ships-cat, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  6. iComunik

iComunik Peon

Best Answers:
    At least now I know I should quit looking for some kind of miracle. I will try to find a script online.

In regards to a comment why not learn PHP, honestly I don't think i am smart enought to learn any kind of programming. I find very boring and time consuming, i use Microsoft Expression Web to design my sites and I love how simple and quick it is to build a site from scratch.

Too bad there is not a PHP software like Expression that would work like HTML. I even have a hard time to understand how to change a PHP template, find very complicate... :(

Thanks guys!

iComunik, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  7. webinsane

webinsane Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Old version of our comment script had option to insert comments on static HTML pages. I can consult with our programmer and I am sure that we can send you old version the script for free.

webinsane, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  8. 073165

073165 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I found this thread via Google and it caught my attention.

Yes, if you want to add comments to PHP or HTML pages, you're going to need a script that uses some type of database (MySQL).

You may want to try this free comments script. It's featured packed and was written with webmasters in mind.

Best of luck to you.

073165, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  9. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    If all you want is the ability for people to comment on stuff, why not use something like Wordpress?
    No need to reinvent the wheel.

Kerosene, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  10. webinsane

webinsane Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some people have already established websites and some of their clients are confused with wordpress control panel.

webinsane, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  11. secretja

secretja Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I think that intensedebate is the best solution.

secretja, Nov 4, 2010 IP