1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO Experiment

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by concours, Feb 3, 2010.

I just started an SEO experiment a couple of days ago on www.websitecheck.org , the experiment should be running for at least one year with following goals at the end of the year:

1-a pagerank of 5 to 6
    2-popup at the top of the search on yahoo
    3-popup at the top of the search on bing
    4-popup under the top 5 results on google for the targeted keywords

5-have a traffic for around 1 M pv per month
    6-generate revenues for around 1000 $ per month

What do you think? am I dreaming or is this goal a realistic goal ?
    take a look at the site here and if there's something you will approach with another strategy, you are welcome to make us learn from you.

I hope to improve my SEO skills from this project as I'm just new to this.
    btw, it's a website monitoring service.

concours, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  2. tentwenty

tentwenty Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Any goal in life is achievable.

I would like to wish you all the best and I suggest putting in non stop work.

Edit

Looks like you ripped of this website. If you have, Then you have NO CHANCE.

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

tentwenty, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  3. concours

concours Peon

Best Answers:
    hmmm, thanks for the wishes , it indeed looks like I've ripped of that website , :) , but website check just looks like as the site has been sold to a hoster and the code has been made open source by the previous owner , so it's not really a rip -of , and I'm as well not willing to compete with him as I indeed believe I will have no chance in that case , so I'm targeting different keywords.

concours, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  4. npack

npack Peon

Best Answers:
    The best way is to design from scratch, write from scratch, and then get a bunch of links to your content. If you have nothing unique, no original/updating content, and no in-bound links, then it's hopeless.

npack, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  5. trosquin

trosquin Active Member

Best Answers:
    The REAL QUESTION is at the Top for What? Just the Top or do you have specific Keywords in mind?

Also why would we go to your website to see if another site is up/down? When we could just go to said website and cut out the middle man?

trosquin, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  6. Lex350

Lex350 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So much for "Any goal in life is achievable."

Lex350, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  7. malcon

malcon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When I saw your tittle I thought that you have an experiment with all tactic in Seo lol...
    I think you goal will be achievable if you work at least 3 or 2 hours or at least 1 hour a day.

malcon, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  8. concours

concours Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey npack, I can't do all that from scratch as it's based on an open source script and it's part of the experiment , well the other suggestions are the hings that I'll be doing to have this experiment be a success at the end of the year.

concours, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  9. concours

concours Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Trosquin, thanks for taking part to this experiment. Look at my signature and the domain name, :) that's the targeted keyword first keyword , you can also check the site and see the title. they're are additional keywords but, that's my target. Well why will you use it? to find out if a site is down only for you or for everybody , means is it your computer, firewall, network , the great wall , your isp or whoever messing up or is the site really down (server side) , it's a kind of realtime monitoring. If you have any additional suggestion, will highly appreciate. Thanks :)

concours, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  10. concours

concours Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Malcon, thanks for the feedback, well that's actually one of the goal, teach myself all that good stuff gurus like you already know (will really love it if you could share a couple of tips here for newbies like me) , I don't know all tactics at the moment, but I hope to by the end of the year. :)

concours, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  11. concours

concours Peon

Best Answers:
    it seems like it wasn't a good Idea to post the experiment here and hoping o learn from it, too many bad peoples trying to screw the experiment, someone managed to get my site banned from yahoo amnd now a domain placeholder is showing on the top of the search on yahoo. from the first page only one page relevant, I#ll understand this if I were using black hat tactics (don't know what it means exactly), but all i've done there isjust to use the google SEO pdf file, and that can't be black seo, and the page is as well relevant for the keyword, so I really wonder why this. anyway, it's actually a hobby and i hope to have this solved asap. And whoever did this, get yourself a job and do good to humans around, trust me, you will feel much more better.

concours, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  12. genuinewords

genuinewords Peon

Best Answers:
    This can be done bud. Start from less competitive keywords.

genuinewords, Feb 16, 2010 IP