1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling A leading dating site in the UK (MyBestDate)

Discussion in 'Sites' started by cenkbut, Feb 1, 2010.

This is a uniquely designed and coded website, not a clone site, coded by me and 2 other developers in 2006 using ASP.NET 2.0 and SQL Server Express 2007. It used to make $1400.00 back in 2008 until me and my fellow developers moved countries and build our own business in consulting and outsourcing.

As we stop marketing the site and administrating it not on a regular basis, the site earnings are only through adsense now which is around $200 a month. Our SSL certificate expired cpl of weeks ago so the builtin payment system does not function until you purchase an ssl certificate.

Your payment in full with paypal will include the site's source code, database backup. We currenly have 14.000 UK registered members with 20% of them being actively using, meeting ppl, even some marriages through our recent success in the dating business. We also built a reputation in the dating sector, attending to the infamous idate online dating conferences in europe twice within the last 4 years. The daily unique visitors are from 700 to 1500 depending on the day. And the page visit per user is 6.2

So what you are buying is not only a coded site, but a reputable brand within its sector which was worth 100k of dollars back in 2007.
    It is our baby and would love our baby to go to a passionate businessman/woman who will develop the brand further into the sector.

The site includes a video conferencing instant chat application, an ajax and jscript based instant notification system to logged on users so the application is quite original and powerful. The site is a PR3 site not as it's shown on the sales page as you can see on google toolbar and has a UK alexa ranking of 187152.

About the bidding, your bid is final and not to play with the site functionalities. Feel free to PM me for a test username and password to have a peak at the features but bear in mind, as our time is quite limited, we will only reply to serious buyers who are willing to buy the site.

With the site you get the following domain names:
    www.mybestdate.com and
    www.mybestdate.co.uk

For any further questions, feel free to PM me.
    Happy bidding..

Cenk
    Owner of the site

cenkbut, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  2. jh2

jh2 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Do you have proof of earnings please?

jh2, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  3. cenkbut

cenkbut Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yes I can supply adsense earnings and the direct earnings before the SSL certificate has expired. One more thing I've missed to mention yesterday about the SEO side of the site.
    For "online dating service" keyword in google uk, we are #1 position and for "online dating" #9 so we have alot of traffic coming through google without any cost. Anything else you guys wanna know, let me know.
    Thanks,
    Cenk

cenkbut, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  4. MarcL

MarcL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    Can you provide traffic stats? If im about to drop that kind of money I want to see some statistics. Also that admin panel looks like it would have some earning stats, but maybe not because you said it is custom.

The site looks nice though!

MarcL, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  5. cenkbut

cenkbut Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sure, feel free to drop me a PM for adsense or analytics screenshots.

cenkbut, Feb 3, 2010 IP