1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Caffeine How Will Effect Your SERPs?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Sysbase, Feb 1, 2010.

I was just reading some information about Google Caffeine and it looks like it will probably put a wrench into lots of affiliates content creation and link building plans. What are you're thoughts on it?

Sysbase, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  2. Lex350

Lex350 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Apparently page load speed might be a factor in rank. I hope so because my site loads fast and my ranks can only improve.

Lex350, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  3. john mattew

john mattew Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Caffeine:
    1)Speed,
    2)Accuracy,
    3)Temporal Relevancy,
    4)Index Size.

john mattew, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  4. NecessaryInfo

NecessaryInfo Peon

Best Answers:
    My pages need to shed a few pounds - fast.

NecessaryInfo, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  5. faboccasion

faboccasion Peon

Best Answers:
    yes my site grow up.....

faboccasion, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  6. Pedro Monteiro

Pedro Monteiro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As far as developers are concerned, its nothing new. We always knew that speed was a relevant factor, that relevancy was crucial, and so on..
    Also, doesn't mean we are going to have to start using those horrible code crunchers that generate the infamous spaghetti code. If we keep our code size within reason, and if you deliver compliant usable accessible code, we shouldn't have a problem.

Pedro Monteiro, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  7. scheng1

scheng1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Probably has to wait for a few months before we know for sure. Now it's still so messy.

scheng1, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  8. zoom

zoom Peon

Best Answers:
    We are yet to see Caffeine in searches

zoom, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  9. Sysbase

Sysbase Member

Best Answers:
    Sysbase, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  10. Seo.Geek

Seo.Geek Peon

Best Answers:
    If your website is established, I don't think it should affect you that much...

Seo.Geek, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  11. mahan_eesh

mahan_eesh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well i think the amount of time visitor spending on websites also will be into considertion.

mahan_eesh, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  12. Sysbase

Sysbase Member

Best Answers:
    This is basic outline what they will be looking for...

The categories we tested the new search engine on are as follows: speed, accuracy, temporal relevancy, and index size. Here’s how we define those:

Speed: How fast can the new search engine load results?

Accuracy: Which set of results is more accurate to the search term?

Temporal Relevancy: Is one version of search better at capturing breaking news?

Index Size: Is it really more comprehensive than the last version of Google?

Sysbase, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  13. Sysbase

Sysbase Member

Best Answers:
    This is the one that we should worried about...

New Google relies more on keywords: SEO professionals, your job just got a lot harder. The algorithm’s definitely different. It has more reliance on keyword strings to produce better results.

Sysbase, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  14. vexx

vexx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    a small quote from Google itself "Make the website for users not search engines", which probably says it all. That alone means reasonable load times, relevancy etc

vexx, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  15. Steupz

Steupz Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll be satisfied with no change, but I am skeptical on load time being important at all

Steupz, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  16. charroseo

charroseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I think that Google Caffeine and Google Personalized Search will impact the SEO Arena a lot..

Today I receive this email... judge for yourself

..."What is Google Personalized Search?

Google announced in a blog post (written by Bryan Horling and Matthew Kulick, Software Engineer and Product Manager at Google respectively). In explaining how Google Personalize Search works, they mentioned:

“For example, since I always search for [recipes] and often click on results from epicurious.com, Google might rank epicurious.com higher on the results page the next time I look for recipes. Other times, when I'm looking for news about Cornell University's sports teams, I search for [big red]. Because I frequently click on www.cornellbigred.com, Google might show me this result first, instead of the Big Red soda company or others.”

How Did It Change?

Bryan Horling and Matthew Kulick, Software Engineer and Product Manager at Google respectively went on:

“Previously, we only offered Personalized Search for signed-in users, and only when they had Web History enabled on their Google Accounts. What we're doing today is expanding Personalized Search so that we can provide it to signed-out users as well. This addition enables us to customize search results for you based upon 180 days of search activity linked to an anonymous cookie in your browser.”

For the direct link to the blog you can go here http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/12/personalized-search-for-everyone.html. "....

charroseo, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  17. peterson82

peterson82 Peon

Best Answers:
    There are following effect done through the google caffeine.
    1)Speed,2)Accuracy,3)Temporal Relevancy,4)Index Size. search engine looks same as previous search engine but functionality become faster.

peterson82, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  18. peterson82

peterson82 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google caffeine has been being slowly implemented since last summer. Here's a post on google's blog about it: htp://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.

peterson82, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  19. venetsian

venetsian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I don't know about you, but for me this sounds like the new algorithm is going to favor popular domains and reduce the number of small ones on the top index positions. I do believe this will reduce the number of spam pages although this is going to form some sort of Discrimination towards newer websites. I guess the whole point is that the users must be happy with the result quality.

I do believe that The Human Factor is going to be our primary concern in Domain Names and URLs/Titles. It is really strange to notice how people click more often on 3-5 SERP positions first when the first results are not titled in marketing optimized fashion.

It is practically impossible for search engines to determine visitor time on page into to a usable metric since user behavior is too diverse.

I'll just ensure you that whatever happens, SEO will always evolve and compete with the newest trends. Isn't that why SEO is such a profitable business for all of us.

Cheers,
    Venetsian.

venetsian, Feb 3, 2010 IP
    borber likes this.
  20. elitesystem

elitesystem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The new system looks creepy! If you are trying to say that the new sites will be drained out of the system then its not cool.. :) I am sure its all about the SEO and the credibility of the site!

elitesystem, Feb 3, 2010 IP