1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does God exist?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by scylla, May 13, 2009.

1. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Obamanation has a thing against undereducated people...And I know, I'm on his/her list :p

Codythebest, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  2. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I count myself on that list... don't take it personal. I suppose another explanation could be chronically stoned.

Obamanation, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  3. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    ~ So, what is your scientific explanation to the same query that makes atheism a solution than the solution being sought is the religion itself - atheism is nothing more than a snapshot without reason as per your quote.

Breeze Wood, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  4. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    But it is!
    We are nothing. We will leave an average of 80 years between billions of years in time. Once you dead, you're nothing. Even better, in a couple of generation, you won't even be remembered by family...so imagine other people...
    It may be terrible for some people. That's why they search comfort into religious schemes...sometimes even paying those gurus who bring them that needed comfort...

Codythebest, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  5. scylla

scylla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    actually the average is around 60-70 years

scylla, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  6. JMel

JMel Peon

Best Answers:
    "Does God exist?"

A question none of us can truly answer until we die.
    In the meantime, believe what you choose, and be tolerant of what others choose to believe.

End of argument :)

JMel, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  7. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

Breeze Wood, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  8. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:

Roman, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  9. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think Breeze Wood means the GARDEN is fu*ked up and the GARDENER is dead. ;):D

gworld, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  10. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    ~ The Gardener is dead.....Too bad gworld to recognize the Life force of our existence but to declare its demise while you are still living, and thinking if thats what you call your predilection.

~ The Edenist recognize the Garden for as all in existence including the disparities.

Breeze Wood, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  11. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "Does a God exist" may be a more suitable question. Funny, I was thinking about this matter last night and I concluded after a while thinking deeply, that if there were a God, he's not around any more.

Take for example the Christian scriptures: the son of God, or God himself, once walked amongst us. What did we do? We murdered him and his messages of peace and love.

Similarly to how Nietzsche philosophised, I am sure that if our world ever had God, we killed him a long, long time ago.

If our species, with all its advanced learning capabilities, emotion, wisdom and intelligence is capable of that, then I don't think we deserve a God.

BRUm, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  12. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    ~ Our belief is that as long as a single person remains committed to the redemption required for remittance to the Garden of Eden God will forestall the prescribed Armageddon, destruction of the triumph of evil - a just end, that will indeed occur with the death of the last good person remaining on earth - the day of final Judgment.

~ We definitely believe the Christian view of Jesus Christ is self serving, a disaster for the true course and that they are in fact complicit with his death.

Breeze Wood, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  13. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why do equate "goodness" with a "commitment to redemption"? I consider myself a good person, I'd bet I spend more time and money on good causes than the entire community of "believers" on this forum put together. I don't require redemption though, so I'm probably the least commited to it. Why does a belief in god have to involve the belief that you are inherently flawed, inherently sinful and in need of fixing? In any other context that would be seen as nothing but low self esteem, which I think goes a long way to explaining the rest of the dogma. A lot of women stay in abusive relationships because they don't think they are worth any better. They think the life of daily humiliation, subjugation and beatings is the best they can get. I see a similar mindset in the religious.

stOx, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  14. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    ~ The quest for an afterlife, immortality of some degree is recognized by all religious people as a goal to be accomplished by a certain fulfillment while on earth during ones mortal existence that is a goal to be obtained before the physical presence (body) expires.

~ As to say, yes you are a good person...or you might otherwise be in jail "as mans way" - but for the immortals, any deviation from the path of fulfillment or not reaching fulfillment before death precludes an afterlife. With God this can be accomplished for everyone while on earth and passed along through countless lives through the Gardens of bliss, but was given up by Adam and Eave - lost until refound or as an Atheist death forever.

Breeze Wood, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  15. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If garden of bliss was any good, Adam and Eve wouldn't need to fu*k so they be thrown out of the garden. ;)

gworld, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  16. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So your "goodness" is an entirely self serving one based on what you can get out of it? Why would your god veiw your quest for personal gain in higher regard than my quest to help others? As far as I know no religion rewards philanthropy, all reward obedience.

You seem to have a hard time addressing my points. You quote ne as if you are going to adress it, then just talk a load of irrelevant bollocks.

stOx, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  17. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think you need to go back and read the story, that's not what happened.

#BRUm
    What one deserves and what one gets can be quite different.

Anonymously, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  18. Red Pixel

Red Pixel Member

Best Answers:
    I want to give more detail to my answer. See this video which I found.

Red Pixel, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  19. shuchi

shuchi Member

Best Answers:
    God is very where, God is omnipresent. It is there irrespective of cast, creed & religion. God has no religion, Man made religion to conveniently follow him and then we fight about it. My religion better and what not.

all the religions are path to seek him and all leads to God.

Try to follow your heart than your path, you will attain God.

shuchi, Feb 3, 2010 IP
    Anonymously likes this.
  20. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes God exists, but God is not anything you can fathom so rest easy knowing that there is indeed something greater than your physical body and any imaginary idea you have about the nature of God is absolutely wrong, so you can stop listening to other people/religion and finally take the time to talk to yourself deeply about things that truly bother you. In this you will eventually find God as far as a human can understand Divinity.

Traditione, Feb 3, 2010 IP