1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Larger sites are never penalized for breaking Google TOS...!

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by gauharjk, Feb 3, 2010.

Here is what Google Adsense Program policies state...

Then why do some websites get away with it?

For example, look at the site below. Google even conducted a case study of this successful website.

[​IMG]

But look at the ad placement. It is against Google TOS. Clearly the ads have been labeled differently and most visitors would be easily deceived.

Does Google have different rules for different publishers?

gauharjk, Feb 3, 2010 IP
    sachin410 likes this.
  2. erase

erase Member

Best Answers:
    Because the website is a large publisher, they might made a deal with google.

erase, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  3. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Of course,

As in the real world, those who are at the top, don't have to follow rules.....;).

sachin410, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  4. earnincome

earnincome Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually i dont see text link ads with different label, i just see google navigation ads with different title. Google clearly stated that changing title against text ads is against tos.

earnincome, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  5. pimpinkid

pimpinkid Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is indeed how it works. Usually older accounts get penalized less as well.

pimpinkid, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  6. Nonny

Nonny Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Actually the links are under an "Ads by Google" heading, so I don't find that particularly deceptive.

That said, I'm pretty sure "Ask the Builder" is a premium publisher so has more formatting options than the rest of us.

Nonny, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  7. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    bit unfair for new ones. so premium publishers don't get punished?

etc, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  8. OfficialRTS

OfficialRTS Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have had over 1000 adsense clicks i should be in an elite group but i have to follow the TOS along with the noob publishers and my account is over 6 months old. Lol that is google for you screwing us all.

OfficialRTS, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  9. iwantvarun

iwantvarun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google is lenient with old publishers ie. it is not checking web pages of publishers who have good track record and not involved in fraudulent activities so for noobs google is strict.

if you have taken new account recently and putting the ads on different pages google will check each ad placement and take appropriate action .But after 1 year (approx) if a person modify existing ads placement on same web page by just changing header over them or make some small change on web page at that time Google executives don't come to your page and check whether u have done some thing wrong or not. so old publishers able to doz in that way.

I personally feel Google is very honest in there deeds.Only thing is that there operations are way to big.It is difficult to check and judge each and every ad on internet so they are strict on noobs.

iwantvarun, Feb 4, 2010 IP