1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how is social bookmarking sites gonna help you with link building?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by submitmaster, Jan 25, 2010.

1. meg.pie

meg.pie Peon

Best Answers:
    is there any other solution other then bookmarking there must be some other way ???

can any one tell me what is the best way to make article picked up n can be appear on their homepage.... what are the good characteristic usually in gernal ???

meg.pie, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  2. abrilward

abrilward Peon

Best Answers:
    Benefits of social bookmarking:

fast indexing
    increase link popularity
    provides natural links
    generate traffic

abrilward, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  3. seo_mae

seo_mae Guest

Best Answers:
    The concept of social media and bookmarking are actually almost the same as link baiting. Yes you wont get any link points from nofollowed link from social media, but what you'll get is exposure to social media visitors that might link to your site if they find it interesting.

seo_mae, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  4. submitmaster

submitmaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the only way would be to promote your bookmark page, meaning generate some links that come back to your bookmark to build links and a google PR, other then that its pointless unless somehow your bookmark gets picked up and linked to a high traffic site blog etc.

submitmaster, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  5. talvehtia

talvehtia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow so many messages and not a single answer to the op's question.

Submitmaster, you are saying that you can't get traffic, backlinks or pageranked backlinks because your submissions will only appear on your profile or "hidden" page and you need to get on homepage to get a backlink right? If so, no, this is not true.

Yeah it is correct that getting on homepage at a site like Digg will give you a pageranked backlink (I'm giving Digg as an example, Digg is only good for traffic as it is NOFOLLOW) but also social bookmarking sites has pages of tags and categories. So when you submit your site, it doesn't only appear on your profile, it also appears at the tag pages of your site (Digg doesn't have a tag-page feature afaik), at the categories and sub-categories that you have chosen while submitting and also at the upcoming section of that social bookmarking site. So if the site itself has a high pagerank it may also has good pageranked category pages and pageranked tag pages. Also if people vote for your story and if those people are well-established members of that community, your submission will appear on their profiles (voted or commented tabs) too, again another possible backlink source.

If you think it only about Digg, yes it is actually almost impossible to get on homepage but there are hundreds of social bookmarking sites and if the page, article or whatever it is you are bookmarking is interesting enough you may still get on the first page of the "category" page or on some main tag pages and still get some traffic and backlink.

Let's think Digg as a dofollow site for a second. Digg has a pagerank of 8 itself right now. And let's forget about the main page for a second as it looks like impossible to us. Digg's Upcoming page of Entertainment and main page of Entertainment category has a pagerank of 5. And there are other pages like that.

There are hundreds of social bookmarking sites. Of course these sites are mainly good for traffic but you may get a pageranked backlink as an after effect.

I hope it is clear.

Best Wishes :)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
    talvehtia, Feb 10, 2010 IP
    submitmaster likes this.
  6. submitmaster

submitmaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    great reply, thank you for taking the time to explain, still knowing all this, for some reason i still wont waste my time with social bookmarking sites, i rather spend a few dollars and buy quality links on quality blogs :)
    thanks again for your explanation

submitmaster, Apr 12, 2010 IP
  7. dayseeker

dayseeker Active Member

Best Answers:
    i always submit my site url to 100 dofollow bookmarking sites.

dayseeker, Apr 12, 2010 IP
  8. gurvinderpal

gurvinderpal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Social bookmarking for link building I think quite optimistic you are.. Social bookmarking just helps in faster indexing of your website and get some traffic too if your content is good, but these bookmarks have zero value in the eyes of google.. Dont waste too much time on social bookmarking

gurvinderpal, Apr 12, 2010 IP
  9. videosexact

videosexact Peon

Best Answers:
    social bookmarks are the cheapest way to promo your sites.

videosexact, Apr 12, 2010 IP