1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What does it mean by a SEO campaign quote for 6/12 months?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by worchyld, Feb 2, 2010.

I have a basic overview of what SEO is, what the best practices are, etc - such as good content, in-bound links, the usual.

We have been asked by a client for a quote for SEO campaign for 6 months and 12 months package; however we are unclear of a number of things and am hoping someone on the DP forum would be able to point out the correct path.

1) What does it mean by an X month package campaign?

2) What does X month package actually entail? Does it mean doing X, Y, Z?

Obviously a Google ads placement is one answer, but I am unsure of what else could possibly done within a 6-12 month period?

3) How or what would be the best way to measure a SEO campaign for an extended period?

I am reading up on seobook and several other websites, but while a majority of them talk about what SEO is and how to achieve it (and best practices); however they don't talk about extended SEO campaigns.

Any help on this would be cool.

Thanks

worchyld, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  2. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    means seo quote for 6 month and 12 month, seo package u can called.

newlogo, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  3. hvwebseo

hvwebseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Means they are work for your site for 6 month package or 12 month as per pack which you have select

hvwebseo, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  4. worchyld

worchyld Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, thank you.

worchyld, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  5. andrewaff

andrewaff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It sounds like a 6months/12months SEO deal. Better you get a document in written stating, what you should expect after 6/12 months investing a certain amount. What is current traffic of your website, current keywords rankings on GOogle and what it will be after a 6 months SEO work. Simple. ...:)

andrewaff, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  6. worchyld

worchyld Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh I see. I'm wondering, is there any specific tactics that would be different to say a 12 month or 6 month seo campaign?

As far as I can make out, the SEO campaigns they are alluding to are very similar to what a PR company would do/provide.

I guess it would be more emphasis on copywriting, article submissions, things of that nature; more of a PR thing than actual SEO stuff relating to the website?

Am I right in this?

worchyld, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  7. selectsplat

selectsplat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It depends. Most SEO companies provide services from key words analysis, to on page optimization, to link building, to offering dedicated pagerank links, to social bookmarking, to article marketing, to rss marketing, to ppc management.

An SEO company can provide, one, more, or all of these services. Some of these services are oingoing. For example, my services include much of the aforementioned, plus x number of dedicated backlinks from PRx pages (dedicated means no other outbound links but your on the page.) for x number of months. I also include x number of blogpost comments per month. So therefore, I often need 6 month and 12 month contracts.

selectsplat, Feb 2, 2010 IP
    james113 likes this.
  8. Canonical

Canonical Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt it... If they are wanting quotes for an 6 or 12 month SEO campaign then they are wanting SEO work done (probably on-page, on-site, and off-site). Selectsplat gave you a few examples.

The difference in a 6 and 12 month quote might be that you give them a slight break in the price for your services if they agree to give you 12 months of guaranteed work with some minimum number of hours. Also, there are some things you can do in 12 months that you can't get done in 6 months.

But if you don't know how to quote potential clients on a 6 or 12 month basis for SEO work and what they are looking for then you probably shouldn't be quoting prices or doing SEO work for them.

Canonical, Feb 2, 2010 IP
    james113 likes this.
  9. brian65

brian65 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Be careful in agreeing to any specific ranking or performance at the end of 6 or 12 months. The cost to you in time and money may be higher than you realise unless you have sufficient experience to make a decent judgement on the work required to rank a site in a particular niche.

brian65, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  10. james113

james113 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I must agree with Canonical. I myself consult with the client to get a clear understanding of their marketing goals. I then assess their website to see how much on and off-page optimization is needed to compete with the competiting sites that are currently sitting in the top positions for the desired keywords.

Then I explain what needs to be done and give them an estimate on the time it will take me to achieve it. I also explain that if there keywords are very competitive, ongoing work will need to be done as more content and pages will most likely be needed and links will need built. Since the beginning of an SEO campaign normally requires a larger amount of time, smaller businesses often can not afford too pay enough upfront, so I estimate ongoing SEO for the remainder of the 6 or 12 month period, add it to the initial time estimate, times that by my $25/hr fee for a total package cost. Then I can break their bill down into monthly payments that they can budget.
    After the 6 or 12 months, I reassess their ongoing campaign and present an ammended and usually lower monthly fee.

In my experiences it is usually in the clients best interest to learn how to approach public relations(PR) online with SEO in mind and handle their own PR in-house. This often leads them to be self sufficiant in terms of most ongoing SEO and gives me more time to help other clients with their websites. This is why I offer SEO consultation and training as well.

james113, Feb 2, 2010 IP