1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need really good SEO advice

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Delboy Trotter, Feb 2, 2010.

So I have a blog, let's say it has main keyword flowers ;)
    I've published many posts in last 6 months (about 200) with only pictures of flowers and one descriptive sentence per post (it has poor amount of content).

Blog is getting better and better in SERPs every day (15 UV/day now and that number was 2-4 two weeks ago) but now I have found excellent key phrase related to flowers (let's say it's flower seeds).

I have no content related to seeds on my blog but still it's strong for flowers keyword. I'm planing to write 1000-1500 words article, get some backlinks and try to beat SERP competition for flower seeds.

And now here's a question- what's better:
    1. make a new blog named flowerseeds.blog..., post that large article and backlink from my previous blog
    2. post on existing blog that's already ranked for a half of my keyphrase?

Have on your mind that I will need to additionally backlink from other sites so it's difference between link to new domain (http:/flowerseeds.blog...) and link to post on existing domain (http:/flowers.blog.../flower-seeds.html)

Hope I was understandable, thanks for your advices :)
    Note: flowers isn't my keyword, its an example

Delboy Trotter, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  2. Aryans

Aryans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I think you should continue with your old blog and if you get rank on your one keyword then you should target your next keyword if you have experience in SEO then you should know how to target different -2 keywords if I'm targeting 100 keyword then I'm not going to create 100 blog I'll create one blog and target 100 keywords.

Aryans, Feb 2, 2010 IP
    Delboy Trotter likes this.
  3. greenoro0

greenoro0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i will also suggest you same but create another blog is not a bad idea. i will also suggest you that you content should be unique

greenoro0, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  4. magnettechnologies

magnettechnologies Peon

Best Answers:
    just get all hyperlink in anchor text for that 1 main keyword related to flower for old blog

magnettechnologies, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  5. brother_of_devil

brother_of_devil Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends. A half of a phrase and a whole phrase are two different phrases.
    Think of it another way: are flower seeds really related to your blog, or you just tying to be on the edge and catch up some traffic? If they do, there is nothing wrong with posting the related article about flower seeds on your blog. You can even add more: flower bouqete, flower garden, order flowers or even wedding flowers. A flower portal. Nice. But if the theme of your site doesn't need flower seeds - I mean when you can write about them too, but in fact it is not really necessary and it doesn't provide the real value - then you should create another blog instead.

brother_of_devil, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  6. Rapid_SEO

Rapid_SEO Peon

Best Answers:
    do some more experiments and creat a new blog and rank it high using ur old blog.

Rapid_SEO, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  7. teamnirvana

teamnirvana Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would advise you to stop posting anything related to flower seeds on your blog and concentrate a bit on posting article on article directories with the anchor word being "flower seeds" and its variations.

Check your meta tag and change its keywords to hold all the kinds of flower seeds.

teamnirvana, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  8. tempegoreng

tempegoreng Member

Best Answers:
    make new domain name on that keyword (if still available) ...you just need 7 days to get first page , but still need off page optimization.

tempegoreng, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  9. mpls-web-design

mpls-web-design Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would go with the existing blog since it has earned some good credibility at Google. If you start a new blog, it will take a long time and a lot of effort to get where you want to be. With the exisiting blog, you can take advantage of the work you have already put in. Plus, since your current blog is on the same subject as your new blog, there is no need to create a brand new one.

Blogging keeps a lot of work to start and maintaining it requires more work. A good blog does carry a lot of seo value. Good luck!

mpls-web-design, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  10. Emily Johnson

Emily Johnson Peon

Best Answers:
    Great advice. Google looks for a lot of relevant content.

Emily Johnson, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  11. brother_of_devil

brother_of_devil Peon

Best Answers:
    Wrong advice. Ignore it. Meta keywords are useless.

brother_of_devil, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  12. peterson82

peterson82 Peon

Best Answers:
    We will try to post our flower seed related article to your website.

peterson82, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  13. chunnumunnu

chunnumunnu Active Member

Best Answers:
    multiple blog is not the solution dude! , need to optimize your current blog :p

chunnumunnu, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  14. Delboy Trotter

Delboy Trotter Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, these advices were what I needed! Thank you all again for you time!
    I'll continue with the same blog. First I will publish some posts related to keyphrase to get some relevancy before posting main article that will "beat" SERPs :D
    I will also inform you about progress, maybe once it would help someone with his site

Delboy Trotter, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  15. dorothykinder

dorothykinder Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Tortter,

I have read your post and i found it to be interesting, lets say that if you have started taking the blog with flowerseeds.com then how about the old blog what does happens to it?? will you redirect your old blog to the new one?? Also if you have started targeting the new key phrase and say there has been some other new key phrase in the next coming days what users might be searching for, so will you keep on changing the keyword??

dorothykinder, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  16. Delboy Trotter

Delboy Trotter Active Member

Best Answers:
    You haven't precisely read my post,or understand it wrong:rolleyes:

I wont redirect blog and wont change keyword.read again;)

Delboy Trotter, Feb 3, 2010 IP