1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do search engine submission services really help?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ferrari353, Jan 30, 2010.

I've been pondering the idea of paying one of those websites to submit my site to 500 search engines or whatever...Do these really work? Or Is it something I could easily do on my own?

ferrari353, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  2. primoto

primoto Member

Best Answers:
    yes, such type of service will (in most of the cases) submit your site to the number of SE that the promised, but ... I am too skeptic that there is some use of it ...What you actually need is - to submit your site to google, bing and yahoo... because they cover almost 99% of the search traffic... and this you can do by yourself...

primoto, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  3. ferrari353

ferrari353 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I've submitted it to Bing, Yahoo, and google....and Alexa too....But I don't think google has crawled it yet...

ferrari353, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  4. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's entirely pointless and a rip-off that anyone would charge money for it.
    Can you even name 500 search engines? Of course you can't. In order to make up that number they're going to be submitting your site to medical search engines in Portuguese that are used by 2 pre-med students a month.
    Search engines find sites - that's what they are designed to do. A link in a place that get crawled often will do you more good.

magda, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  5. Jalpari

Jalpari Notable Member

Best Answers:
    why pay someone while u can submit to 40+ search engine free of cost, 500 se will not drive traffic only big search engines google, yahoo and bing drive traffic.

Save ur money and spend on link building so u can good rank in google which can give u real traffic.

Jalpari, Jan 31, 2010 IP
    fancymouj likes this.
  6. cyberdigital

cyberdigital Peon

Best Answers:
    Well i think sometimes they may payoff if you are updating the sites regularly and have no time for other seo stuff.But most time the quality content makes the site more popular than submissions.

cyberdigital, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  7. powerlifer

powerlifer Active Member

Best Answers:
    waste of money ive found imo, easier to just submit to the few major ones and use the free search engine submissions if you feel you want too.

powerlifer, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  8. MayaLocke

MayaLocke Peon

Best Answers:
    It is not worth paying for IMO.

MayaLocke, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  9. Titing Kabayo

Titing Kabayo Peon

Best Answers:
    nope... search engine submission s a waste of money.. why not pay in building backlinks? search engines have robots to crawl your site.. no need to submit to them..

Titing Kabayo, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  10. Grit.

Grit. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd recommend the free ones, since it's always helpful to get your site index faster. It's just a way of giving the seach engines a gentle nudge and saying "my site is here". But it's not worth paying for, I mean there's some free scripts out there that'll submit you to about 50 search engines. But if you wait patiently, the search engines crawl you anyway

Grit., Feb 1, 2010 IP
  11. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    It's the oldest scam in the book.

Once you're on Google & Yahoo, you're basically on all of the others. Just put your efforts into getting indexed and don't listen to snake oil salesmen.

Pixelrage, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  12. ferrari353

ferrari353 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey ya know what I just thought of, do search engines crawl search engines? Like if you were in Google, and Yahoo crawled google, would yahoo pick up your link?

ferrari353, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  13. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Search engine submission has been dead for about 6 years at least. You can get your site indexed in under 24 hours on the SE's that actually matter.

avoid the kool-aid

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  14. restlesss

restlesss Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes for sure search engine submitting really helps cause it improves u r rank and automatically you will get traffic if u have good ranking ....

restlesss, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  15. xenobiologist

xenobiologist Active Member

Best Answers:
    True, true, true.....Like some have already said, submit to the top 3 Google, Bing, Yahoo. Other than that, its a waste of time and money. You have to remember even if you get your site submitted to 500 websites; how are people going to find your site? If it's listed somewhere between 50-100k or more in the SERPs( Search Engine Results Page) how are they going to find you?

Like I said concentrate on the top 3 and market for them because 98 to 99% of internet users search via these engines.

xenobiologist, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  16. allinwebsolution

allinwebsolution Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, Search engine submission definitely help you...

allinwebsolution, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  17. Titing Kabayo

Titing Kabayo Peon

Best Answers:
    No. paying in search engine submission is lie throwing your money away... search engines have robots to crawl and index your site so there's no need to submit...

Titing Kabayo, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  18. kanekane

kanekane Active Member

Best Answers:
    yah don't pay for search engines submission, i am using a free submission from this site:

www.submitwebfree.com

kanekane, Feb 9, 2010 IP