1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What should an admin's name be on a forum?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by ferrari353, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Chris Randell

Chris Randell Peon

Best Answers:
    I have used my name 'Chris' on all of my previous forums, having admin would be too much of a security issue for me.

Chris Randell, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  2. ferrari353

ferrari353 Peon

Best Answers:
    well anyway, I made 2 accounts...1 as admin. 1 as a nickname with which ill post with.

ferrari353, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  3. ferrari353

ferrari353 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok and just one more thing, to get more people to join the forum, do you think its wrong to create fake accounts and post stuff?

ferrari353, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  4. NickR25

NickR25 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's pointless. 1) You will never be able to create and keep up with enough accounts to make your forum look remotely legitimately active. 2) It's easy to suspect when forum admins do this. 3) When somebody discovers that you do this, it makes you look bad, and the person never visits your forum again.

NickR25, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  5. ferrari353

ferrari353 Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't have like 30 accounts....I was thinking like 5 or something....but I guess I didn't need to, I got a member! :D and back to the subject of trying not to get hacked, there is a mod for a previous version of phpbb that lets users have a different login name than their username....and I thought that seemed really safe....But it's for 3.0.4 i think, and current phpbb is 3.0.6

ferrari353, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  6. meg.pie

meg.pie Peon

Best Answers:
    if ur an admin do wat ever it takes to secure your A/C and that is wat hackers do all the time trying everything until it works .. in my experience there is no certain way

meg.pie, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  7. nucleus99

nucleus99 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would choose a friendly nickname, and maybe have sometime below it to identify that he is the one to contact in case of any problems.

nucleus99, Feb 4, 2010 IP