1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo Answers - Full of Evil Competitors?

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by sultanofseo, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Izesta

Izesta Peon

Best Answers:

That's right. If someone reports you, your answer can be deleted or your account suspended/banned w/o giving you any warning.

You are guilty until proven innocent.

This makes it an open swampfest for the all the phonies and tricksters on Yahoo Answers. If you have high ranking or a lot of best answers, they can see it as advantageous to get rid of you.

All they have to do is use a few of their troll accounts, report you several times and you will be gone.

If someone wants you off the site, Yahoo makes it easy to do.

They could stop a lot it by only allowing people at a certain point level to report abuse.

But Yahoo probably doesn't care and doesn't have the staff to care. A lot of the banning/deleting is no doubt handled by robots.

Izesta, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  2. Izesta

Izesta Peon

Best Answers:

So surprised Google has not gotten into the Answers business.

Izesta, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  3. swtexans

swtexans Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo answers has become one of the segment where lot of link building takes place... lately!

People have begun to offer such services in hoards and so it is bound to generate lot of heat in getting the best answer tag! This invariably leads to people reporting even the slightest of mistakes!

swtexans, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  4. mahan_eesh

mahan_eesh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well after reading this thread i started yahoo answers as a way for traffic building.. Well I posted few on the topics i knew more.. Well can we also place a link with hub-pages too in yahoo answers?

mahan_eesh, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  5. TheVccMatey

TheVccMatey Peon

Best Answers:
    I usually place my site in the source and not in the answer.

TheVccMatey, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  6. Dreads

Dreads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ah I started to limit myself to just answering a question a day/week. If I want to answer more, I try my best to mix it up among all my other websites. If 100 of your answers, have 100 links going to your site, its not that natural. Try your best to make it as natural as possible.

Dreads, Jan 30, 2010 IP