1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

An awesome free link building technique I just found out

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by nikolaalx, Jan 28, 2010.

Hey everyone,
    CMS links have always been a good method for developing links. The problem was that each theme had to be hardcoded in advance with the sponsored link...and from there on there was a lack of ability to change the links on the uploaded themes.

Here's a popular site which has just introduced their new unique backend approach themesbase.com. They give you the ability to dynamically change the links of your themes from within a log-in area.

This way if you have 100 themes, that generate you e.g. 300 downloads per day, you can control what links to be distributed dynamically....and thus be always in control. I have few themes which generate me 250 downloads per day...and I can point the links however I want! :)

Here's the info from their site! Thanks...reps appreciated! :)

Please read carefully the following brief instructions, in order to be able to effectively upload themes onto Themesbase.com

Our system gives you the ability to control the footlinks of all of your uploaded themes at any moment. Thats right! Now you can dynamically change the footlinks and their respective titles, on each of the themes which you have in your account. This way if you have 100 original themes uploaded with us, which generate you e.g. a total of 500 downloads per day. One day you can decide to point these links to the homepage of a given site, and the next day you can decide to distribute 500 different links with different titles to 500 different sub pages. All this is controlled from your Edit/Add Links section within your log-in area.

The only thing which you need to do in order for our system to work is insert a default Tag in your theme footer which our system could recognize plus a tag which we want to use to place a link to our site.

The tag is: {AUTHOR_TAG}

(This tag will be replaced with one of the dynamic links from your settings. The link will be pure text in order not to mess your design)

Our Tag is: {THEMESBASE_TAG}

In order to be able to dynamically control your links, just add the following tag to your theme footer:

Each theme will be subjected to human review before being accepted. The tags must be visible and here is one example of how they should look.

Additional Information

Something which is very important to know is that our system is developed in such way, that it will empower your themes to generate a different set of links as per your setting on each individual page on the site where your theme has been installed! This way, if you have a theme for Wodrpress which has been installed on a blog with 100 sub pages, and if you have configured in your account to distribute 100 links with 100 different titles, and your links are all with priority "1", you will practically rotate 100 different combinations on a single website (thus avoiding having the same sitewide link).

This is a very powerful tool which give you the ability to reach thousands of different keywords...which otherwise you would have to input manually into the code of the CMS.

(Priority is an absolute value with which you define how many links you want from a specific title e.g. focus "web hosting" with priority 100, and "buy cheap webhosting" with priority "1"). This means for each 100 distributed links, you will have 99 time "web hosting" and 1 time "buy cheap webhosting".

This feature is available only for Joomla, Mambo and Wordpress as of now.

nikolaalx, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  2. moderator5000

moderator5000 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure if I'm mistaken....is this practically a spamming tool? I would much rather build links the old fashioned way. By hand. Thanks for the post.

moderator5000, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  3. nikolaalx

nikolaalx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Spamming? You invest in design and in return you get your author link in the theme which you distribute to the public.

If you are right, then practically each and every designer that submitted a theme anywhere...is a spammer.

I don't really see any point to pretend to be smart, mate...I am just sharing. If you don't like it, then get back to yer ol' fashioned techniques.

nikolaalx, Jan 28, 2010 IP
    Highena.com likes this.
  4. SEOguy101

SEOguy101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing this...its a very unique and innovative approach for those good at developing themes.

SEOguy101, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  5. chipset83

chipset83 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing this

chipset83, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  6. MarkAse

MarkAse Peon

Best Answers:
    Theme building is certainly a legit backlink building tool. In many ways it is one of the most underutilized tools out there. Think about the pure number of free, high quality backlinks you would get if a theme with your link was picked up on Wordpress.com.

Additionally, these are difficult to program so most of your IM competitors would have to pay for someone to create them. It's that type of barrier to entry that I LOVE to see with a link building technique.

MarkAse, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  7. nikolaalx

nikolaalx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah indeed. The good thing about this site is that it has lots of traffic. I currently have around 30 themes..which generate me more than 2 hundred downloads per day.....thats 6k per month.

And the best part is that I can control my links.

nikolaalx, Jan 29, 2010 IP