1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

POLL: posting design in the thread versus sending it via pm

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by lejka, Jan 28, 2010.

?

I believe designers should enter contests

1. by posting the designs in the thread

72.7%
  2. by sending the designs via pm

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. by any way they choose, either by pm or posting in the thread

27.3%
    Hi dear friends designers and contest holders,

I am entering contests here from time to time and there is one problem I found.
    Some people are posting publicly. Some via pm.
    I believe that more transparent way is to post in the thread. Even if it is risky, bc someone can copy your design. I believe it is fair if I saw the designs of the other designers to post my design for others to see, too.
    Bc if I just check what others did and post via pm, I am in advantage opposed to all the others who post in the thread.
    I am interested what you designers think about this and if the contest holders could take part by posting their opinion, that would be great and helpful, too.

I believe this will help many of us who are meeting in this contests' place, so please feel free to take part in the poll and also leave comment in the thread if you wish.
    Thank you.

Lejka

lejka, Jan 28, 2010 IP
    hpgraphic likes this.
  2. hpgraphic

hpgraphic Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I personally prefer to enter the contest rather than pm'ing designs.
    And for our safety we have an option called watermark which i prefer that every designer should use in order to prevent the theft of their work.
    And regarding those who enter via pm the contest holder should atleast inform the contestnts about the entries via pm to be fair and also show the winning design if enterd via pm..!!

hpgraphic, Jan 28, 2010 IP
    lejka likes this.
  3. Kavalorn

Kavalorn Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Watermarks are fair enough. You see the problem is I had once a very unpleasant situation, where there was a contest. We've (users) been told that the contest was over as a winner was chosen (he was also supposively being a pm entry). Everything would be ok, if I wouldn't see my banner being a) ripped b) seen on a site the contest holder was talking about.

In my honest opinion I'm more for posting entries in threads. If someone is close to an idea the contest holder likes best - he should ask the 1st person that posted the entry he fancies to eventually modify it - thus situations where someone 'copies' someone else's idea should be no longer valid. (?) If someone wins and he entered via pm, the winner's entry should nevertheless be posted on the thread. I honestly believe most of us are grown ups that do not have anything against loosing a contest - it's a normal matter of things. Art is beautiful because everyone can understand something completely different under this term, and so we should be fair and square towards each other.

Kindest regards, Kavalorn.

Kavalorn, Jan 28, 2010 IP